In keeping with California's commitment to provide meaningful public involvement in governmental decisions, the Central Valley Water Board receives public comments on many types of draft documents: Basin Plan amendments, draft permits and enforcement orders, site cleanup plans, California Environmental Quality Act documents, and more. This page contains links to public notices for projects currently in a public comment period. In addition, you will find links to pages containing support materials (staff reports, text of proposed orders, etc.) below the public notices. You may also visit the Board Meeting calendar for information about upcoming public hearings, workshops, information items and other items being considered by the Central Valley Water Board and associated comment periods.
- Board Meetings
- Press Releases
- Tentative/Proposed Orders
- Basin Planning & TMDLs
- Water Quality Certification
Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
- California Water Code
- California Code of Regulations
How to Participate
- Board Meeting Procedures
- Law And Regulations Applicable To Filing Petitions
- Submit Your Comments on Draft Regulations Here
- Ex Parte Communications
- Calendar, Agendas and Minutes of Board Meetings
- Proposed (Tentative) Orders for Consideration by the Board
Basin Planning & TMDLs
- Notice of Public Solicitation, Central Valley Pyrethroid Pesticides Total Maximum Daily Load and Basin Plan Amendment
The Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board is initiating a solicitation period for interested persons to submit data on the toxicity of pyrethroid pesticides to aquatic organisms.
- Notice of Public Hearing Concerning an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins to Remove the Municipal and Domestic Supply (MUN) Beneficial Use in Twelve Constructed and/or Modified Water Bodies in the Sacramento River Basin that receive Treated Municipal Wastewater from the Cities of Biggs, Colusa, Live Oak or Willows.
- Notice of Rescheduled Public Hearing concerning the 2014 Joint Triennial Review of the Water Quality Control Plans for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins and the Tulare Lake Basin.