- Email Subscriptions
- Data & Databases
- Business Help
- Public Records Center
- Grants & Loans
- Customer Service Survey
- Language Access Complaint
- File an Environmental Complaint
- Useful Links
- Website Index
Central Valley Pyrethroid Pesticides TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment
Subscribe on-line to our Central Valley Pyrethroid TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment, electronic mailing list.
The goal of this project is to develop an amendment to the Basin Plan for Regional Board consideration. The amendment will be designed to establish water quality objectives and a program of implementation for the control of pyrethroid pesticides that are impacting or could potentially impact aquatic life uses in surface waters in the Sacramento and San Joaquin River watersheds of the Central Valley. The amendment will also be designed to establish Total Maximum Daily Loads for waterbodies that are listed for pyrethroids on the Clean Water Act Section 303(d) list, and establish provisions to address and/or prevent future pyrethroid listings. For additional information, please contact Tessa Fojut at (916) 464-4691 or by e-mail at email@example.com or Danny McClure at (916) 464-4751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development of the Draft Staff Report
The following chapter is an excerpt from the draft staff report that provides the rationale for the proposed amendments to Water Quality Control Plan for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins for the control of pyrethroid pesticides discharges. The entire draft staff report was submitted for external scientific peer review on May 29, 2015.
Chapter 5 and Appendix C of the report are being released separately prior to completion of the external scientific peer review to provide preliminary information to the public on the technical analysis supporting development for a portion of the proposed amendment. Chapter 5 describes the alternatives considered and the staff recommendation for water quality objectives for pyrethroid pesticides. Appendix C includes data used for the technical analysis given in Chapter 5. The preceding and subsequent chapters and appendices of the report, which are not the focus of the scientific peer review, are not being released at this time. A complete draft staff report will be released for public comment after the peer review comments have been received and responses to those comments have been prepared (estimated release in winter 2015).
Documents related to the water quality criteria derived using the UC Davis Methodology can be found at: Water Quality Criteria Reports.
- Excerpt on Alternatives Considered and Recommendation for Water Quality Objectives, 1.66 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- 16 January 2015 Notice of Public Solicitation
Data on the aquatic toxicity of pyrethroid pesticides must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m.,February 20, 2015 to be considered in the development of the Central Valley Pyrethroid Pesticides TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment.
- 5 May 2015 Public Meeting
- Informal Public Comments on Draft Language for Discussion (23 October 2014 version)
- Greg Kester, California Association of Sanitation Agencies, 290 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Debbie Webster, Central Valley Clean Water Association, 275 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Kari E. Fisher, California Farm Bureau Federation, 478 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Theresa A. Dunham, Somach Simmons & Dunn, Pyrethroid Working Group, 168 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Linda Dorn, Sacramento Regional Sanitation District, 284 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Delyn Ellison-Lloyd, City of Roseville and Paul Bedore, Robertson-Bryan, Inc., 355 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Dana Booth, Sacramento County Stormwater Quality Program, 258 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Claus Suverkropp, Larry Walker Associates, Sacramento Valley Water Quality Coalition, 146 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Rachel Kubiak, Western Plant Health Association, 261 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Stephen Louie, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Water Branch, 294 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- 7 November 2014 Public Meeting
- 23 October 2014 Public Meeting
- 22 September 2014 Public Meeting
- CEQA Scoping Notice, 96 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- CEQA Scoping Information Document, 318 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- CEQA Scoping Presentation, 544 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- CEQA Scoping Public Comments
- Vicki Kramer, California Department of Public Health, 72 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Debbie Webster, Central Valley Clean Water Association, 444 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Kelye McKinney, City of Roseville, 2.8 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- Michael L. Johnson, LLC, East San Joaquin Water Quality Coalition, San Joaquin County and Delta Water Quality Coalition, 252 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Linda Dorn, Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District, 2.37 MB*, PDF (PDF info)
- Catherine Smith, Mosquito and Vector Control Association of California, 213 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Theresa A. Dunham, Somach Simmons & Dunn, Pyrethroid Working Group, 359 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Afiqur Khan, Western Plant Health Association, 99 KB, PDF (PDF info)
- Central Valley Pesticide TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment Project
- UC Davis Pyrethroid Water Quality Criteria Reports
- UC Davis Sediment Quality Criteria Derivation Methodology
Please allow sufficient time for the file to download completely. Depending on your internet connection service, browser version and computer speed, downloading may take 15 minutes or more for files that are larger than 1 MB. Some browsers, such as certain versions of Internet Explorer, do not show the progress of the download, making it appear that nothing is happening.