- State & Regional Water Boards
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
CONNECT WITH US
San Diego Region - Tentative Orders
- Notice of Opportunity for Public Comment - Addressing Threats to Beneficial Uses from Climate Change, Tentative Resolution No. R9-2017-0035. The San Diego Water Board is accepting public comments on the Tentative Resolution from February 2 through February 23, 2017. The Board is scheduled to consider adoption at its public meeting on April 12, 2017. For more information contact Jeremy Haas at Jeremy.Haas@waterboards.ca.gov or 619-521-3009.
- Notice of Availability and Written Comment Period - Tentative Order No. R9-2016-0205. The San Diego Water Board is releasing Tentative Order No. R9-2016-0205, An Order Directing the Owners and Operators of Phase I Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4s) Draining the Watersheds Within the San Diego Region to Submit Technical and Monitoring Reports Pertaining to the Control of Trash in Discharges from Phase I MS4s to Ocean Waters, Inland Surface Waters, Enclosed Bays, and Estuaries in the San Diego Region (Tentative Order) for public review and comment. The Tentative Order requires the owners and operators of Phase I MS4s (MS4 permittees) to 1) submit written notices stating whether or not they are choosing Track 1 or Track 2 implementation to comply with the State Water Resources Control Board's trash discharge prohibition, and 2) submit Track 2 implementation plans. After considering comments received, the San Diego Water Board's Executive Officer intends to issue Order No. R9-2016-0205 to the MS4 permittees in winter of 2017. Written comments on the Tentative Order should be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on December 14, 2016 to email@example.com, attention Christina Arias. For more information contact Ms. Christina Arias at Christina.Arias@waterboards.ca.gov or 619-521-3361.
- Notice is hereby given that U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), Region IX and the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Diego Region (San Diego Water Board) are jointly seeking public comments on proposed revisions to the Compliance Schedule for Pure Water San Diego Potable Reuse Tasks in section VI.C.7 of the Revised Tentative Order No. R9-2017-0007, Waste Discharge Requirements and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit for the City Of San Diego, E.W. Blom Point Loma Wastewater Treatment Plant Discharge To The Pacific Ocean Through The Point Loma Ocean Outfall (Revised Tentative Order/Permit). The San Diego Water Board will consider adoption of the Revised Tentative Order/Permit at its April 12, 2017 Board meeting. The Tentative Order and Public Notice, which contains instructions on how to submit written comments, are available using the links below. Questions and comments should be directed to Ms. Joann Lim at Joann.Lim@waterboards.ca.gov or 619-521-3362.
- Notice of Availability - Tentative Order No. R9-2016-0002 proposes to reissue National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit No. CA0001350 for Cabrillo Power I LLC, Encina Power Station for wastewater discharges to the Pacific Ocean, a Water of the US, and Tentative Order No. R9-2016-0007 proposes to establish interim requirements and a time schedule to comply with requirements established in Order No. R9-2016-0002. The San Diego Water Board intends to consider adoption of these Tentative Orders at the San Diego Water Board meeting on a future date (TBD). The Tentative Order and Public Notice, which contains instructions on how to submit written comments, are available using the links below. Questions and comments should be directed to Ms. Kristin Schwall at Kristin.Schwall@waterboards.ca.gov or 619-521-3368.