- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
UST Program - Supplemental CUPA Evaluation Guidance Manual
State Water Resources Control Board's
Supplemental CUPA Evaluation Guidance Manual
The SWRCB Supplemental CUPA Evaluation Guidance Manual, Third Edition, August 2000 provides SWRCB-specific guidance to evaluate the underground and aboveground storage tank programs. It builds on the general CUPA Evaluation Process Guidance Manual, September1999.
This manual will enhance evaluation consistency by SWRCB evaluators. It will also give agencies being evaluated an understanding of the SWRCB process. Finally, it can be used by other interested parties to gain understanding of UST requirements.
In summary, the manual:
- Explains the evaluation process.
- Suggests evaluation techniques.
- Explains SWRCB evaluator responsibilities.
- Includes completed SWRCB writeups of CUPA deficiencies and required actions for correction.
- Provides in-house sign-off forms and checklists.
- Uses computer-driven navigation aids.
The manual includes four evaluation checklists. Used by SWRCB evaluators during an evaluation, these include:
- Table 1, Evaluation of Underground Storage Tank Program Standards
- Table 1A, Evaluation of CA-only, AST Program, and Related Title 27 Standards
- Table 2, File Review To Assess Adequate Oversight of Upgrading or Repairing of Tanks
- Table 3, File Review To Assess Document Maintenance and Organization
Download The Evaluation Checklists (Word 97 format)
The SWRCB provides this as a public document that may be used and freely distributed. For questions or comments contact John Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-341-5793.
Explains Cal/EPA's plan to achieving its goals and objectives. This page includes a brief narrative on the Unified Program.
Unified Program Information Collection And Reporting Standards
Effective May 14, 1999.
DTSC's page regarding their lead role in coordinating state involvement with the Unified Program.