GRANTS AND LOANS
- DFA Home
- Financial Assistance Application Submittal Tool (FAAST)
- CWSRF Home
- DWSRF Home
- Current Funding
- Other Programs
- Past Programs
- Quick Links
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
- Sign up for
Financial Assistance Programs – Grants and Loans
CLEANUP AND ABATEMENT ACCOUNT
The Cleanup and Abatement Account (CAA) was created by Water Code Sections 13440-13443 to provide public agencies with grants for the cleanup or abatement of a condition of pollution when there are no viable responsible parties available to undertake the work. The CAA is supported by court judgments and administrative civil liabilities assessed by the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) and the Regional Water Quality Control Boards (Regional Boards). Eligible entities that could apply for this funding include public agencies, as well as certain not-for-profit organizations and tribal governments that serve a disadvantaged community and that have the authority to clean up or abate the effects of a waste.
- Notice of Funding Availability for Interim Emergency Drinking Water
- CAA Application Flowchart
- Administrative Procedures Manual
CAA Training Materials
The State Water Resources Control Board’s Division of Financial Assistance (Division) held training on February 8, 2011 for the Cleanup and Abatement Account’s (CAA’s) Administrative Procedure Manual (APM).
Funded CAA Projects
- In 2014, the CAA funded nine (9) projects. See projects approved in 2014.
- In 2013, the CAA funded eight (8) projects. See projects approved in 2013.
- In 2012, the CAA funded eighteen (18) projects. See projects approved in 2012.
- In 2011, the CAA funded twenty-one (21) projects. See projects approved in 2011.
- In 2010, the CAA funded fifteen (15) projects. See projects approved in 2010.
- In 2009, the CAA funded twenty-four (24) projects. See projects approved in 2009.
- Mark Fong (916) 341-5827
- Mark Magtoto (916) 341-5481
- Lori Schmitz (916) 341-5903
- Conny Mitterhofer (916) 341-5720 (Manager)
Assistant Deputy Director
- Leslie Laudon (916) 341-5499
- Darrin Polhemus (916) 341-5458
Receive updates on this topic by email. Subscribe online to the Cleanup and Abatement Account email list.