Nonpoint Source (NPS) Pollution Control Program
THE PLAN FOR CALIFORNIA’S NONPOINT SOURCE POLLUTION CONTROL PROGRAM
NPS Program Plan
The purpose of the NPS Program Plan is to improve the State’s ability to effectively manage NPS pollution and conform to the requirements of the Federal Clean Water Act and the Federal Coastal Zone Act Reauthorization Amendments of 1990. These documents were developed by staff of the State Water Resources Control Board's Division of Water Quality and the California Coastal Commission (CCC), in coordination with the Regional Water Quality Control Boards and staff from over twenty other State agencies.
The documents were submitted for final federal approval on February 4, 2000, to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). A letter granting full approval of the NPS Program Plan was signed on July 17, 2000. The USEPA/NOAA Approval Letter, Decisions on Conditions of Approval (CZARA), and Response to Comments are available on the EPA Website.
If you would like a CD containing the NPS Program Plan sent to you, please leave your name and mailing address with Kelly Maurie or phone 916 327-9530. For any problems associated with downloading the NPS Program Plan from this Website, please contact Mary Tappel or phone 916 341-5491.
- NPS Program Plan
- Volume 1: Nonpoint Source Program Strategy and Implementation Plan (1998-2013) (January 2000)
- Volume II: California Management Measures for Polluted Runoff (January 2000)
- Nonpoint Source Biennial Progress Report
July 2001 through June 2003
- Nonpoint Source Annual Progress Report for the Federal Clean Water Act Section 319 Program (2006-2007)
- Nonpoint Source Annual Progress Report for the Federal Clean Water Act Section 319 Program (2007-2008)
- Interagency Coordinating Committee (IACC)
- NPS Pollution Related Reports Required Pursuant to CWC 13369(b)
- Overview of California's Program
Questions or Comment about NPS Program Plan?
Steve Fagundes, Chief
NPS Program Plan Implementation Unit
State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street, 15th Floor, Sacramento, CA 95814