Wednesday, April 26, 2000 -- 9:00 a.m.
First-Floor Hearing Room
Paul R. Bonderson Building
901 P Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 657-0990 or fax 657-0932.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized.
Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure
that all comments will be included in the
record before the Board.*
Declaration of Quorum**
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
1- 11. The Board will be asked to approve Items 1-11 at one time. (See below for description of items.)
BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
Reports by Board Members on Regional Water Quality Control Board Meetings or Other Meetings or Conferences Where Board Members Have Represented the Board. (Information Item)
Summary of Major Board Activities. (Information Item)
UNCONTESTED ITEMS CALENDAR
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board, at one time, without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
1. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Amending the Underground Storage Tank (UST) Cleanup Fund Priority List Amendment No. 73. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution amending the priority list.)
2. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Negotiate, Execute, and Amend, as Necessary, an Interagency Agreement With the Department of Fish and Game to Continue Operation of the Coastal Fish Contamination Study in Fiscal Year (FY) 2000-01. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of Approval of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or His Designee to Apply for and Accept Fiscal Year (FY) 2000-01 Clean Water Act Section 106 and Section 104(b)(3) Water Pollution Control Program Grants, Plus Any Carryover FY 1999-00 Grant Funds and to Negotiate, Approve, and/or Amend the Grants and the Workplans. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
4. Consideration of the Adoption of California Water Code Section 13263.3 Pollution Prevention Plan Formats. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed formats for California Water Code Section 13263.3 Pollution Prevention Plans.)
5. Consideration of Approval of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or His Designee to Apply for and Accept a Grant of Approximately $600,000 from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), Region 9, and to Negotiate a Workplan to Continue Source Investigation Activities in the San Fernando Valley.
(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
6. Consideration of the Final Report on the 1999 Review of the Water Quality Standards for Salinity—Colorado River System (June 1999) and Supplemental Report (October 1999). (The Board will consider whether to approve the 1999 Review of the Colorado River Salinity Standards.)
7. In the Matter of the Petition of Lake Publishing Company for Review of a Determination of the Division of Clean Water Programs, State Water Resources Control Board, Regarding Reimbursement From the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund. SWRCB File UST-117. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order reversing the Division’s decision in part and upholding the Division’s decision in part.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution to Adopt Emergency Regulations Specifying Procedures for Selecting Private Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Engineering, Environmental, Land Surveying, or Construction Project Management Firms. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed regulations.)
9. Consideration of a Proposed Order Remanding to the Central Coast Regional Board for Reconsideration Waste Discharge/Reclamation Requirements for San Luis Obispo County Service Area No. 18. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order remanding the requirements to the Regional Board.)
10. Consideration of a Resolution to Apply and Accept a Federal Fiscal Year 1999 Clean Water Act Section 104(B)(3) Grant to Support the Sacramento River Toxic Pollutant Control Program. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution to apply and accept a grant not to exceed $480,600.)
(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.)
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, all written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 21, 2000. Mailing address: P O Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX 916-657-0932.
**If less than a quorum is
present, the board members in attendance may consider information items and may
hear presentations on any item on the agenda.
There will be no voting unless and until a quorum is present.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.