Wednesday and Thursday, March 1-2, 2000 – 9:00 a.m.
First-Floor Hearing Room
Paul R. Bonderson Building
901 P Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda call Maureen Marché (916) 657-0990 or fax 657-0932. This notice and associated staff reports can be accessed electronically through our Internet address: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov. (Note: agenda items should be available electronically on February 23, 2000.)
Workshop includes informal discussion of items to be presented for action at a future business meeting. People who are interested in items on the agenda are urged to attend workshops as they may miss valuable discussion that will not be repeated at the Board meeting. NOTE: There is no voting at workshops. Items requiring Board action must come to a Board meeting.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized.
Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure
that all comments will be included in the
record before the Board.*
|ITEMS 1-5 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING
AT 9:00 A.M. ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1, 2000
ITEMS 6-8 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING NO EARLIER THAN 1:00 P.M. ON MARCH 1, 2000
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board’s jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board’s agenda or pending before the Board or a Regional Board. Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
CITY OF SANTA ROSA
1. Hearing Regarding a Proposed Order Revising Waste Discharge Requirements/NPDES Permit for the City of Santa Rosa Laguna Subregional Wastewater Treatment Reuse and Disposal Facilities. (Following the hearing, the Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order revising the City of Santa Rosa’s Waste Discharge Requirements to authorize an increase in flows to, and discharge from, the treatment plant while the City pursues its long-term Geysers wastewater project.)
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
2. Guidelines for Investigation and Cleanup of MTBE and Other Ether-Based Oxygenates. (The Board will hear a presentation by Division staff regarding development and use of the guidelines.)
**3. Consideration of Approval of a State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan of $0.7 Million for the Crockett-Valona Sanitary District for the Wastewater Transport System Improvements, SRF Project No. C-06-4675. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the funding commitment for this project.)
**4. Consideration of Approval of a State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan of $101 Million for the City of Santa Rosa for the Construction of Wastewater Effluent Disposal Geyser Recharge Project, SRF Project No.
C-06-4062. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving
the funding commitment for this project.)
**5. Consideration of Approval of the Transfer of Liability of Water Quality Control Fund Loan from the North Marin County Water District to the Tomales Village Community Services District. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the transfer of the loan.)
WATER RIGHTS: (Note: Item Nos. 6-8 will not be discussed earlier than 1:00 p.m.)
6. Hearing Regarding Possible Administrative Civil Liability Against John B. Gladstein for Unauthorized Diversion of Water. (The Board will consider, at a future Board meeting, whether to adopt an order imposing an ACL.)
7. Hearing Regarding Possible Administrative Civil Liability Against William and Jennifer Sloan for Unauthorized Diversion of Water. (The Board will consider, at a future Board meeting, whether to adopt an order imposing an ACL.)
8. Hearing Regarding Possible Administrative Civil Liability Against
Phillip and Geneva Wasson for Unauthorized Diversion of Water. (The Board
will consider, at a future Board meeting, whether to adopt an order imposing
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
WATER RIGHTS – The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on an order or decision based on evidence taken at an adjudication hearing. This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126(c)(3). This item will be scheduled for a future meeting. Interested parties will be notified of the exact time, date and location.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate regarding evidence submitted during the Bay-Delta Water Rights Hearing.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate regarding
evidence submitted during the hearing regarding the temporary water transfer
by Natomas Central Mutual Water Company.
|ITEM 9 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING AT 9:00 A.M. ON THURSDAY, MARCH 2, 2000.|
9. Consideration of Adoption of a Proposed Policy for Implementation of Toxics Standards for Inland Surface Waters and Enclosed Bays and Estuaries of California. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed policy.) Note: The proposed Policy is located on our website under Plan/Policies; Proposed Implementation Policy (Phase I of ISWP/EBED).
*In order to be fully considered at the meeting, all written comments for items 2 - 8 must be received by 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 28, 2000. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX 916-657-0932.
**These items are expected to be routine and noncontroversial and
there will be no discussion unless requested by a Board Member, staff or
interested party. If such a request is made, the item will be considered
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.