STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, August 16, 2001 – 10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serena Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Declaration of Quorum
Presentaton of Supervisory Awards
Report by Division/Office Chiefs on Any New Staff, Transfers or Promotions
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider the minutes of the July 19, 2001 meeting
1-5. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-5 at one time.
6. Consideration of Proposed Order Taking Final Action on Petitions for Reconsideration of Decision 1635, Modifying Decision 1635, and Affirming the Decision as Modified. Decision 1635 Approved El Dorado Irrigation District's and El Dorado County Water Agency's Petition for Partial Assignment of State-Filed Application 5645. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.) Note: Comments only on revisions to the June 13, 2001 draft order)
Reports by Board Members on Regional Water Quality Control Board Meetings or Other Meeting or Conferences Where Board Members Have Represented the Board. (Information Item)
Summary of Major Board Activities. (Information Item)
Please note closed session items are not open to the public
LITIGATION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss pending litigation in the case entitled City of Turlock, Municipal Services Department v. California State Water Resources Control Board, et al., Stanislaus County Superior Court, Case No. 291436.
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order taking final action on petitions for reconsideration of Decision 1635, modifying Decision 1635, and affirming the Decision as modified. Decision 1635 approved El Dorado Irrigation District's and El Dorado County Water Agency's petition for partial assignment of state-filed Application 5645.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another person or employee unless the employee requests a public hearing
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
1. Consideration of Approval of a Water Recycling Facilities Planning Grant for the Camrosa Water District, Recycled Water Project – Phase 2. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the grant.)
2. Consideration of Approval of a Proposed Resolution Amending the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund Priority List – Amendment No. 88. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Negotiate, Execute and Amend Contracts with the Counties of Madera, Tulare, Kings, and Merced for Implementing Section 79114.2 of the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (Water Code Section 79114.2).(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
4. Consideration of Approval of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Negotiate, Execute and Amend Contracts With the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority to Provide Funding for Four Projects from the Southern California Watershed Program Established in the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (2000 Bond Act)(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director, or Designee, to Negotiate, Execute and Amend Contracts for the Ambient Surface Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Program.(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., August 13, 2001. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
who require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at
(916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California Relay
service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email email@example.com.