STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, September 20, 2001 – 9:00 a.m.
Sierra Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Declaration of Quorum
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
1-10. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-10 at one time.
11. In the Matter of the Petition of the City of Turlock for Review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-122 and Cease and Desist Order No. 5-01-123, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region. SWRCB/OCC File A-1382. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order partially staying Orders Nos. 5-01-122 and 5-01-123.)
BAY DELTA PROGRESS REPORT
Summary of Major Board Activities. (Information Item)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
WATER QUALITY PETITION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss evidence and to deliberate on a proposed decision following an evidentiary hearing conducted on the petition filed by Pacific Lumber Company for reconsideration of North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board Monitoring and Reporting Order No. R1-2001-19 re THP 1-97-520 HUM.
LITIGATION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss pending litigation in the case entitled City of Turlock, Municipal Services Department v. California State Water Resources Control Board, et al., Stanislaus County Superior Court, Case No. 291436.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another person or employee unless the employee requests a public hearing.
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
1. Consideration of Approval of a SRF Cap Increase From $25 million to $50 million for SFY 2001/02 for the Wastewater Effluent Disposal/Geysers Discharge Project, SRF No. C-4062, City of Santa Rosa. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the request.)
2. Consideration of Approval of a Water Recycling Construction Program (WRCP) Loan and Grant Commitment to the Rincon Del Diablo Municipal Water District for Construction of the Water Recycling Program. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the loan and grant.)
3. Consideration of Approval of Wastewater Construction Grant for the City of Manteca; Manteca Wastewater Quality Control Facility (MWQCF); Phase III Expansion Project – Schedule A; as Provided for in Proposition 13, the Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Act Of 2000. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution approving the grant.)
4. Consideration of Approval of a Proposed Resolution Amending the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund Priority List – Amendment No. 89. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Lahontan Region to Remove Potential Beneficial Use Designations from Nine Water Bodies. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan (Basin Plan) for the Lahontan Region Incorporating A Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for Sediment in Heavenly Valley Creek, El Dorado County. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Allocate up to $600,000 of Federal Clean Water Act Section 319(h) Grant Funds and to Negotiate, Execute, and Amend a Contract(s) to Develop Methods to Eradicate the Invasive Non-Native Marine Alga, Caulerpa taxifolia. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Negotiate, Execute, and Amend Contracts with the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority to Provide Funding for the Arundo Removal Program Project From the Southern California Integrated Watershed Program Established in the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (2000 Bond Act). (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
9. Consideration of Proposed Order Revoking Permits 17528A and 17528B of Eva Johnson in Mendocino County. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.)
10. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Amend an Agreement With the University of California to Add Additional Time to Complete an On-Going Study on Beach Use Value at Southern California Beaches. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., September 17, 2001. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620.
Note: Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at (916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California Relay service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Note: A quorum of the Board will be attending the
September 19, 2001 Board of Forestry and Fire Protection 8:00 a.m. tour of the
Arnold area and 1:00 p.m. meeting regarding discussion of watershed issues of
mutual concern. The meeting will be
held at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds, Mark Twain Hall (approximately one
mile south of Angels Camp on Highway 49).
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.