STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AND WORKSHOP AGENDA
Thursday, October 3, 2002 -- 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
The Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax (916) 341-5620.
Workshop includes informal discussion of items to be presented for action at a future business meeting. People who are interested in items on the agenda are urged to attend workshops as they may miss valuable discussion that will not be repeated at the Board meeting. NOTE: there is no voting at workshops. Items requiring Board action must come to a Board meeting.
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
Oral Testimony: The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at:
http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
ITEMS 1-11 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING AT 9:00 A.M., OCTOBER 3, 2002
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board’s jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board’s agenda or pending before the Board or a Regional Board. Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
1. Progress Report by Parties to Phase 8 of the Bay-Delta Water Rights Hearing Regarding Negotiation of Responsibilities to Implement the Flow-Dependent Objectives Contained in the 1995 Bay-Delta Water Quality Control Plan. (Informational Item)
2. Consideration of Adoption of Emergency Regulations Revising Fee Schedules for Waste Discharge Requirements (The Board will consider whether to approve the Emergency Regulations.) Note: A public workshop was held on this issue on September 18, 2002. No additional comment will be accepted at the Board meeting.
3. In the Matter of the Review on Own Motion of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-044, for Vacaville’s Easterly Wastewater Treatment Plant, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region. SWRCB/OCC File A-1375. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order remanding the requirements to the Regional Board.)
4. In the Matter of the Review on Own Motion of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-122 [NPDES No. CA0078948] and Cease and Desist Order No. 5-01-123 on City of Turlock, Municipal Services Department, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order remanding the requirements to the Regional Board.)
5. Consideration of a Resolution Approving With Partial Remand an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay Region Adopting Site-Specific Water Quality Objectives for Copper and Nickel in the Lower South San Francisco Bay and Implementation Provisions. (The Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (Proposition 13) Phase II Project Priority Lists and Authorizing Issuance of Contracts and Amendments to Implement the Proposition 13 Projects. (The Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**7. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Apply for, Accept, and/or Amend a Clean Water Act Section 205(j) Grant, Approving the Project Priority List, and Authorizing Execution and Amendment of Contracts to Implement the Projects. (The Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, a priority order for funding of applications for Water Quality Planning grants.)
**8. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Apply for, Accept, and/or Amend a Federal Clean Water Act Section 319(h) Grant, Approving the Project Priority List, and Authorizing Execution and Amendment of Contracts to Implement the Projects. (The Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, whether to approve the proposed resolution.)
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
**9. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Request From the Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board For $2,500,000 From the State Water Pollution Cleanup and Abatement Account for Continued Pollution Abatement and Characterization Work at Leviathan Mine. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**10. Consideration of an Amendment to Whereas 5 of Resolution 2002-0023, “Requests for Funding in the Amount of $3,837,000 From the State Water Pollution Cleanup and Abatement Account (CAA)”, Specifically Allowing Regional Boards to Utilize Personal Services as Well as Contract Services. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**11. Consideration of a Resolution to Authorize the Executive Director or Designee to Negotiate, Execute and Amend if Necessary a Contract up to $1,616,863 With the Trustees of the California State University for Student Assistant Services for the Central Valley Regional Board. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
ITEM 12 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING AT 1:00 P.M., THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2002
WATER QUALITY PETITION
12. In the Matter of the Petition of Humboldt Watershed Council, Jesse Noel, and Ken Miller to Require Reports of Waste Discharge and to Issue Waste Discharge Requirements for All Logging Conducted by Pacific Lumber Company in the Freshwater Creek, Elk River, and Three Other Drainages. SWRCB/OCC File A-1479. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed order requiring the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board to take actions to protect water quality from adverse effects from timber harvest operations and to require reports of waste discharge and issuance of waste discharge requirements pursuant to applicable provisions of the Basin Plan.)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on testimony and evidence presented during the hearing on the joint petition of Imperial Irrigation District and San Diego County Water Authority for approval of a long-term transfer of conserved water (Application 7482).
*In order to be fully considered at the meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., September 30, 2002. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX 916-341-5620
**These items are expected to be routine and noncontroversial and there will be no discussion unless requested by a Board Member, staff or interested party. If such a request is made, the item will be considered separately.
Note: Individuals who require special
accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at (916) 341-5880 at least
5 working days prior to the meeting date.
TTY users may contact the California Relay service at 1-800-735-2929 or
voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email email@example.com.