STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, September 19, 2002 – 9:00 a.m.
Revised: See Item 4
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed. The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
Declaration of Quorum
Board Member Update on September 12, 2002 Scripps Institution of Oceanography Workshop on “Establishing an Integrated Ocean Observing System for the Southern California Bight”
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider the minutes of the August 15, 2002 Board meeting.
1-3. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-3 at one time.
5. Consideration of Adoption of Emergency Regulations Revising Fee Schedules for Waste Discharge Requirements. (The Board will consider whether to approve the Emergency Regulations.) Note: A public workshop has been scheduled on this issue for September 18, 2002. No additional comment will be accepted at the Board meeting.
6. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region Incorporating a Dry Weather Total Maximum Daily Load for Bacteria at Santa Monica Bay Beaches. (The Board will consider whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
(The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed decision.)
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
1. Consideration of a Resolution Approving Amendments to the Policy for Implementing the State Revolving Fund for Construction of Wastewater Treatment Facilities. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
2. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Clean Beaches Initiative Grant for the City of Malibu for the Malibu Storm Drains Project. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Clean Beaches Initiative Grant for the City of Pacifica for Pacifica State Beach. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
4. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Request for
Funding From the Water Quality Control Fund Cleanup and Abatement Account in
the Amount of $425,000 for Continued Treatment of Acid Mine Drainage at
Leviathan Mine. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public.)
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a draft decision regarding the legal classification of groundwater in the alluvium of the San Luis Rey River in the Pala and Pauma Valleys in San Diego County
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order prepared after a hearing on petitions for change and extension of time filed by Oroville-Wyandotte Irrigation District and Yuba County Water District on Permits 1267, 1268, 1271, 2492, 11516 and 11518 (Applications 1651, 2142, 2979, 2778, 13957 and 14113). The permits authorize diversion from Lost Creek, Sly Creek, South Fork Feather River and Slate Creek in Butte and Yuba Counties.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on testimony and evidence presented during the hearing on the joint petition of Imperial Irrigation District and San Diego County Water Authority for approval of a long-term transfer of conserved water (Application 7482).
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments on item 1-4 and 6-7-must be received by 5:00 p.m., September 16, 2002. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
who require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at
(916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California Relay
service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.