STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, January 22, 2003 – 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed. The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
Declaration of Quorum
Presentation of Customer Service Awards
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider the minutes of the November 19, December 2 and December 20, 2003 Board meetings.
1-10. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-10 at one time.
11. Consideration of a Proposed Order Reconsidering and Affirming WR Order 2002-0010-DWR, Which Denied a Temporary Change in Place of Use and Purpose of Use (Water Code Sections 1707 and 1725-1732) of Claimed Pre-1914 Water Right (Statement #S015151) to Waters of the North Fork Tule River. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.)
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
1. In the Matter of the Petition of City of Stockton for Review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R5-2002-0083 and Cease and Desist Order No. R5-2002-0084 for Stockton Regional Wastewater Control Facility, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region (Regional Board). SWRCB/OCC File A-1483. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order granting a stay pursuant to a stipulation between the petitioner and the Regional Board.) (Note: Board Member Carlton will not be participating in this matter.)
2. Consideration of a Resolution to Amend Regulations Governing Review By State Board Of Action Or Failure To Act By Regional Board. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of a Resolution Finding a Condition of Emergency and Adopting an Emergency Regulation Setting Fees for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Classification and Operator Certification Program. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
4. Consideration of Adoption of an Amendment to the Policy for Implementing the State Revolving Fund Construction of Wastewater Treatment Facilities. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Consideration of Appointment of Clean Beaches Task Force Members to Review Projects for the Clean Beaches Program Created by Assembly Bill 2534. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing Issuance of an $1,800,000 Loan Contract and Amendments from the Agricultural Drainage Loan Program to the Panoche Drainage District for the Irrigation System Improvement Project. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing Issuance of a State Revolving Fund Loan Contract and Amendments for up to $4,592,610 to the Marin Audubon Society for the Bahia Acquisition Project. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Lahontan Region to Establish a Total Maximum Daily Load for Phosphorus for the Indian Creek Reservoir, Alpine County, California. (The Board will consider whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
9. Consideration of Approval of an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins to Incorporate Site-Specific Objectives for pH and Turbidity for Deer Creek. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed amendment.)
10. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Apply for, Accept, Amend, Execute or Terminate Federal Assistance Agreements, Interagency Agreements or Contracts Involving up to $1 million in Federal Funds or up to Five (5) Years in Duration, Whichever is More Limiting, With the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the U.S. Department of Energy and Other Federal Entities. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., January 17, 2003. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
who require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at
(916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California Relay
service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email email@example.com.