STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AND HEARING AGENDA
NOTE: See Item 3 -- Removed
NOTE: See Item 3 -- Removed
Wednesday, May 21, 2003 – 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 “I” Street, Sacramento
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Questions regarding this agenda - call Debbie Irvin (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed. The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
All visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to attending any meeting. The Visitor and Environmental Services Center is located just inside and to the left of the Cal/EPA Building's public entrance. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process.
Declaration of Quorum
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
minutes have been pulled from the agenda and will not be considered for adoption.
The Board will
consider adoption of the April 30, 2003 Board Meeting minutes.
The minutes have been pulled from the agenda and will not be considered for adoption.
1-7. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-7 at one time.
8. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Central Valley Region to Establish a Program for the Control of Mercury in Clear Lake. (The Board will consider whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
SMALL LINEAR PERMIT
9. Hearing Regarding Consideration of Adoption of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Storm Water Discharges from Small Linear Underground/Overhead Construction Projects. (The State Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, whether to adopt the proposed general permit). [As previously noticed, written comments must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., May 21, 2003].
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
1. Consideration of a Resolution Adopting a Revised Workplan for the Development of Sediment Quality Objectives for Enclosed Bays and Estuaries of California. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.) [No further comments can be submitted].
2. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Colorado River Basin Region to Establish a Prohibition of Discharge of Individual Wastewater Disposal Systems in Cathedral City Cove. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Consideration of a
Proposed Order Regarding Petitions for Reconsideration of Division Chief’s
Order Pursuant to Condition 10 of Decision 1632 Regarding Existing Groundwater
Users in the Carmel Valley . (The Board will consider whether to
adopt the proposed order).
4. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Accept, Negotiate, Amend, Execute, or Terminate a Contract with the Southern California Coastal Water Research Project for $129,000. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Proposed Amendment to the Existing WateReuse Foundation Water Recycling Research Contract. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Approving the Clean Water State Revolving Fund State Fiscal Year 2002/2003 Intended Use Plan and Federal Fiscal Year 2003 Federal Capitalization Grant Acceptance. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Clean Beaches Initiative Grant for the City of San Diego for the Mission Bay Source Identification Study – Phase II From the Coastal Nonpoint Source Control Subaccount Established in the Costa-Machado Water Act Of 2000. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
LITIGATION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss the litigation in the Coordinated Special Proceeding, Special Title (Rule 1550(b)), State Water Resources Control Board cases (Sacramento County Superior Court, Case No. JC 4118).
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss ongoing litigation in the case of Browns Valley Irrigation District v. State Water Resources Control Board, Yuba County Water Agency, et al., Real Parties in Interest, and Consolidated Actions (Yuba County Superior Court, No. CV PT 02-0000224 (lead file)).
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments on Items 2 through 8 must be received by 5:00 p.m., May 16, 2003. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
Note: Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to
contact Adrian Perez at (916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the
meeting date. TTY users may contact the
California Relay service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.