||STATE WATER BOARD
BOARD MEETING & HEARING
Monday, March 31, 2008† &
Tuesday, April 1, 2008 - 9:30 a.m.
Portola Hotel at Monterey Bay
Two Portola Plaza - DeAnza | Room
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member; Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
TUESDAY, APRIL 1, 2008–9:30 A.M.
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the March 18, 2008 Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS (Items 3) *
*3 Consideration of a Resolution Adopting Proposition 84 Areas of Special Biological Significance (ASBS) Grant Program Guidelines (Guidelines).
4. Update on Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board issues, including Conditional Waiver for Agriculture and climate change.
5. Monterey County Water Resources Agency, Monterey Peninsula Water Management District, and Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency will present information on agency and regional water supply planning efforts.
6. Report on Areas of Special Biological Significance (ASBS) Special Protections and Scientific Support Activities.
7. Update on Marine Debris Prevention Activities.
The following hearing will not commence before 1:00 p.m.
8. Acceptance of Policy Statements to Determine whether to Adopt a Draft Cease and Desist Order against California American Water.
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., March 26, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., March 27, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line, “4/1/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341 5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/.
Audio broadcast of the meeting will be available at http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
For directions to the Portola Hotel, visit: http://www.portolahotel.com/
Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Office of Employee Assistance, at (916) 341-5881.
† On March 31, 2008, at 6:00 p.m. at Jack’s Restaurant (located at the Portola Hotel at Monterey Bay, Two Portola Plaza, Monterey, California) a quorum of the Board will continue discussions from its March 17, 2008 board meeting concerning Board Member Organizational Issues. The continued meeting will include discussion of general issues concerning management of the State Water Resources Control Board and development of the Water Boards’ Strategic Plan Update. No specific items of business will be discussed and no board action will be taken.