DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tuesday, April 15, 2008–10:00 a.m.
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board ChairPUBLIC FORUM
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the April 1, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS* (Items 3-6)
*3. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing continued funding for regulatory oversight of cleanup at Department of Navy Facilities.
*4. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing continued funding for regulatory oversight of cleanup at Department of Defense Facilities.
*5. Consideration of a Resolution approving projects, and authorizing issuance of grants for the 2007-2008 319(h) Nonpoint Source (NPS) Grant Program.
*6. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the Executive Director to authorize workers’ compensation for volunteers in the State Water Resources Control Board.
7. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region to incorporate a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for trash in the Los Angeles River Watershed. (Written comments were due on March 5, 2008 by 12 p.m.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution adopting a Policy for compliance schedules in National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits and an associated Certified Regulatory Program Environmental Analysis. (Written comments were due on February 20, 2008 by 12 p.m., formal comment period closed 5:50 p.m. on March 18, 2008) (Staff Change #2)
9. Consideration of a Resolution supporting development of a policy to protect wetlands and riparian areas to restore and maintain the water quality and beneficial uses of the waters of the state. (Written comments were due on March 5, 2008 by 12 p.m.) (Staff Change #1)
10. Presentation of the findings from the second California Integrated Water Quality System (CIWQS) external review panel.
11. Update on development of a strategic workplan for the Bay-Delta that prioritizes and describes the scope of Bay-Delta activities, including an update on the Suisun Marsh Program.
12. Executive Director’s Report
CLOSED SESSION ITEM
• The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on the City of Riverside’s Waste Water Change Petition WW-0045 and water right Application 031372 on the Santa Ana River in Riverside County. (This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126, subdivision (c)(3). This item will be considered separately during the open session of a future meeting. Interested parties will be notified of the exact time, date, and location.)
† On Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 10:00 a.m., at the California Environmental Protection Agency Headquarters (located at 1001 I Street, in Conference Room 2510) a quorum of the Board will continue discussions from its March 31, 2008 board meeting concerning Board Member Organizational Issues. The continued meeting will include discussion of general issues concerning management of the State Water Resources Control Board and development of the Water Boards’ Strategic Plan Update. No specific items of business will be discussed and no board action will be taken.