||STATE WATER BOARD
Tuesday, Decenber 2, 2008 - 10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member;
Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 3 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the November 18, 2008 Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report.
UNCONTESTED ITEMS (Items 3 & 4*)
*3. Consideration of a proposed Resolution approving a waiver from the Small Community Wastewater Grant (SCWG) Program Guidelines for Ventura County WaterWorks District No. 16 (District) to implement the Piru Wastewater Treatment Plant Design-Build Upgrade/Expansion Project (Project); Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) Project No. C-06‑4946‑110 and SCWG Program Project No. SCG‑922.
*4. Consideration of a proposed Resolution to commit unused Proposition 13 Wastewater Construction and Coastal Nonpoint Source Control, and Proposition 84 Agricultural Water Quality Funds to operate Project Monitoring Data Centers.
DIVISION OF WATER QUALITY
5. Consideration of a proposed Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region to incorporate a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for Eutrophic, algae, ammonia, and odors (Nutrients) in Machado Lake. (Written comments were due on November 7, 2008 by 12:00 noon.).
DIVISION OF WATER RIGHTS
6. Consideration of a proposed Order revoking the United States Bureau of Reclamation permits to divert water for the Auburn Dam Project from the North Fork American River and Knickerbocker Creek in Placer and El Dorado Counties. (Written comments were due on November 20, 2008 by 12:00 noon.) Errata Sheet (12/1/08)
7. Consideration of a proposed Decision to conditionally approve a water right application for the Orange County Water District to divert 362,000 acre-feet per annum of water from the Santa Ana River in Orange and Riverside Counties. (Written comments were due on November 20, 2008 by 12:00 noon.) Errata Sheet
8. Initial report of the California Water Quality Monitoring Council to the California Environmental Protection Agency and the Resources Agency. The State Water Board will not take action on this item.
9. Update on status of development of revisions to the Draft Policy for Maintaining Instream Flows in Northern California Coastal Streams.
10. Update on improvements being made to electronic Water Rights Information Management System to allow publicly accessible web-based display of permitted places of use.
CLOSED SESSION ITEMS
Closed Session are not open to the public
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on proposed revocation of the United States Bureau of Reclamation’s permits to divert water for the Auburn Dam Project from the North Fork American River and Knickerbocker Creek in Placer and El Dorado Counties. This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (c)(3).
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed decision following a hearing on Orange County Water District’s water right application on the Santa Ana River in Orange and Riverside Counties. This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (c)(3).
- The Board will meet in closed session to discuss ongoing litigation in East Bay Municipal Utility District v. State Water Resources Control Board (Alameda County Superior Court Case No. G07329738). (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2)(A).) The Board will also discuss a decision to initiate litigation. (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2)(B).)
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., November 25, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., November 28, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “12/02/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341-5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/index.shtml.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Office of Employee Assistance, at (916) 341-5881.