||STATE WATER BOARD
Tuesday, February 5, 2008–10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member; Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the January 15, 2008 Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS (Items 3 - 5) *
*3 Consideration of a Resolution adopting a statement of overriding considerations regarding the Integrated Regional Water Management Program’s Martin Slough Interceptor Project.
*4. Consideration of a Resolution on the State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan Program Loan Service Rate for State Fiscal Year 2007-08.
*5 Consideration of a Resolution on extension of the preliminary State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan and Small Communities Wastewater (SCW) Grant commitment expiration dates for the Nevada County Sanitation District No. 1 (District), Cascade Shores Wastewater Treatment Plant Project (Project).
OFFICE OF ENFORCEMENT
6. Consideration and discussion of the California Water Code Section 13385 Enforcement Report
7. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Water Quality Control Plan for Enclosed Bays and Estuaries - Part 1 Sediment Quality. (Written comments were due on November 30, 2007 by 12 p.m.)
- Revised version of the Draft Plan (updated February 1, 2008)
- Revised version of Draft (Final) Staff Report (updated January 30, 2008)
8. Update on Bay-Delta issues, including development of a strategic workplan that prioritizes and describes the scope of Bay-Delta activities.
CLOSED SESSION ITEMS
Closed Sessions are not open to the public
The Board will meet in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance, or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another employee unless the employee requests a public hearing. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subd. (a)(1).)
WATER RIGHTS (These are authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3). These items will be scheduled for consideration at a future meeting. Interested parties will be notified of the exact times, dates and locations.)
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on Yuba County Water Agency’s petition to modify flow-related conditions imposed on its water right permits in Decision 1644 and petition for long-term transfer of water, both related to the lower Yuba River Accord.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding a draft Cease and Desist Order and Administrative Civil Liability Complaint against the Vineyard Club, Inc., for an alleged unauthorized diversion from Oak Flat Creek, tributary to Gill Creek thence Russian River in Sonoma County.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding a draft Cease and Desist Order and Administrative Civil Liability Complaint against North San Joaquin Water Conservation District regarding alleged violation of the District's water right permit authorizing diversion of water from the Mokelumne River in San Joaquin County.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding North San Joaquin Water Conservation District's petition to extend the time schedule to develop the project, which is set forth as permit conditions in the District's water right permit that authorizes diversion of water from the Mokelumne River in San Joaquin County.
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., January 24, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., February 1, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line, “2/5/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341‑5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/index.shtml.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Clerk of the Board, at (916) 341-5600.