||STATE WATER BOARD
BOARD MEETING and WORKSHOP
Tuesday, February 19, 2008–10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member; Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to five minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the February 5, 2008 Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS (Items 3 - 4) *
*3. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the Executive Director to amend contract providing environmental consulting services associated with establishing regulations for onsite wastewater treatment systems.
*4. Consideration of a Resolution for authorization to enter into an Agreement with the California Department of Public Health for two expert advisory panels and a Risk Assessment Report.
5. Consideration and discussion of Water Board Climate Change Activities.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND WATER QUALITY
6. Consideration of a Resolution appointing the Assembly Bill (AB) 739 Storm Water Management Task Force.
7. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Sacramento River and San Joaquin River Basins (Basin Plan) for the control of diazinon and chlorpyrifos runoff into the Sacramento and Feather Rivers. (Written comments were due on January 16, 2008 by 12 p.m.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution to adopt a Water Quality Control Plan for Enclosed Bays and Estuaries – Part 1 Sediment Quality. (Written comments were due on November 30, 2007 by 12 p.m. This item was continued from the February 5, 2008 meeting.)
9. Executive Director’s Report.
OFFICE OF ENFORCEMENT
The following workshop will not occur before 1:00 p.m.
10. The State Water Board will hold a workshop session to receive comments on the Draft Water Quality Enforcement Policy (Written comments are due on February 7, 2008 by 12 p.m.)
– Current Policy
– Revised Draft Policy (redline)
– Revised Draft Policy (redline)- Updated 2/21/08
CLOSED SESSION ITEMS
Closed Sessions are not open to the public
The Board will meet in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance, or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another employee unless the employee requests a public hearing. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subd. (a)(1).)
(These are authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3). These items will be scheduled for consideration at a future meeting. Interested parties will be notified of the exact times, dates and locations.)
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on Yuba County Water Agency’s petition to modify flow-related conditions imposed on its water right permits in Decision 1644 and petition for long-term transfer of water, both related to the lower Yuba River Accord.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding a draft Cease and Desist Order and Administrative Civil Liability Complaint against the Vineyard Club, Inc., for an alleged unauthorized diversion from Oak Flat Creek, tributary to Gill Creek thence Russian River in Sonoma County.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding a draft Cease and Desist Order and Administrative Civil Liability Complaint against North San Joaquin Water Conservation District regarding alleged violation of the District's water right permit authorizing diversion of water from the Mokelumne River in San Joaquin County.
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing regarding North San Joaquin Water Conservation District's petition to extend the time schedule to develop the project, which is set forth as permit conditions in the District's water right permit that authorizes diversion of water from the Mokelumne River in San Joaquin County.
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., February 12, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., February 15, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “2/19/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341‑5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/index.shtml
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Clerk of the Board, at (916) 341-5600.