DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 – 10:00 a.m.
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 3 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
PRESENTATION OF SUSTAINED SUPERIOR ACCOMPLISHMENT & MERIT AWARDS
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the June 3, June 17 & July 1, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS (Items 3-7*)
*3. Consideration of a proposed Water Right Order approving petitions for extension of time for permits of Westland Nursery, Inc., on Butano Creek in San Mateo County.
*4. Petition of California Sportfishing Protection Alliance for review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R5-2007-0113 issued to the City of Lodi by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (SWRCB/OCC FILE A-1886). (The State Water Resources Control Board will consider issuing an order determining to review the Lodi order on its own motion.) (Written comments were due on June 11, 2008 by 12:00 p.m.)
*5. Consideration of a Resolution adopting a Statement of Overriding Considerations regarding the Salinas Valley Integrated Regional Water Management Implementation (IRWM) Grant Project.
*6. Consideration of a Resolution to allocate $355,000 in Cleanup and Abatement Account funds (CAA) for the Big Springs Creek Restoration Assessment to support salmonids in the Shasta River in Siskiyou County.
*7. Consideration of a Resolution granting authority to the State Water Resources Control Board’s (State Water Board) Executive Director to apply to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) to implement an Extended Term Financing Program as part of the Clean Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) Program.
DIVISION OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
8. Consideration of a Resolution to amend the Water Recycling Funding Program Guidelines to clarify eligible costs and modify the Waiver of Litigation Rights language.
OFFICE OF CHIEF COUNSEL
9. Petition of the Environmental Law Foundation for review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R5-2007-0064 [NPDES No. CA0078867] for Berry Petroleum Company, Poso Creek/Mcvan Facility issued by the Central Valley Regional Water Quality Control Board (SWRCB/OCC FILE A-1871). (The State Water Resources Control Board will consider issuing an order remanding the matter back to the Regional Water Board for further consideration.) (Written comments are due on July 2, 2008 by 12:00 p.m.) ( Errata Sheet #1 - 7/10/08 )
DIVISION OF WATER QUALITY
10. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Diego Basin (Basin Plan) to incorporate Total Maximum Daily Loads for dissolved copper, lead, and zinc in Chollas Creek, Tributary To San Diego Bay. (Written comments are due on July 7, 2008 by 12:00 p.m.)
11. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay Region amending mercury water quality objectives in Walker Creek and Soulajule Reservoir and their tributaries and establishing a Total Maximum Daily Load and implementation plan to reduce mercury in the Walker Creek Watershed. (Written comments were due on June 12, 2008 by 12:00 p.m.)
12. Stakeholder group information item on the status of an alternative proposal for a statewide recycled water policy. The State Water Board will not take action on this item.
13. Wetlands Policy Development Team Board Update.
14. Executive Director's Report.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:00 a.m.
15. Consideration of a Resolution adopting a Strategic Workplan for activities to protect beneficial uses in the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary.
Note: Due to the I-5 construction, prepare for delays entering Sacramento (especially from the airport) and downtown areas. For the latest information, visit: http://www.fixi5.com