DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board ChairPUBLIC FORUM
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the April 15, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS* (Items 3-5)
*3. Consideration of a proposed Order granting an extension of time to apply water to full beneficial use under permit of Dieter Siegemund/Siegemund Family Trust.
*4. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the Executive Director to apply for, accept, and/or amend a federal Clean Water Act section 319(h) grant and authorizing execution and amendment of contracts for support of the nonpoint source program.
*5. Consideration of a Resolution approving supplemental funding for a grant to the County Of Merced for development of a Model Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP) for Confined Animal Operations Using Water Code (WC) §79114.2, added by the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000 (2000 Bond Act)
OFFICE OF ENFORCEMENT/OFFICE OF RESEARCH, PLANNING & PERFORMANCE
6. Consideration of the Baseline Enforcement Report, Fiscal Year 2006-2007 and information on the proposed Cal/EPA Enforcement Report. (Written comments are due on April 28, 2008 by 12 p.m.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution to approve $400,000 in Cleanup and Abatement Account funds (CAA) for a Water Quality Enforcement Pilot Project (Pilot Project) for the Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board (Los Angeles Regional Water Board)/
8. Consideration of a Resolution requiring Sustainable Water Resources Management. (Revised 5/2/08)
9. Presentation regarding hydrologic modeling of water diversions from North Coast streams.
10. Presentation by Sonoma County Water Agency providing comments and status reports on the Agency’s water development projects in the Russian River watershed.
11. Board Member Organizational Issues - Continued discussions from April 16, 2008 board meeting concerning management of the State Water Resources Control Board and development of the Water Boards’ Strategic Plan Update. No specific items of business will be discussed and no board action will be taken. (Conference Room 2510.)
CLOSED SESSION ITEM
The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order concerning petitions for reconsideration of Order WR-2008-0014, which is related to water rights owned by Yuba County Water Agency. This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e).