||STATE WATER BOARD
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 – 10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
(Item 7 - Pulled)
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member;
Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
PRESENTATION OF SUPERIOR ACCOMPLISHMENT AWARD
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the May 6, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEMS* (Items 3-6)
*3. Consideration of a Resolution approving projects, and adoption of the recommended funding list, and authorization to issue grants for the 2007 Agricultural Water Quality Grant Program (AWQGP).
*4. Consideration of a Resolution to revise the Clean Beaches Initiative (CBI) Grant Program Recommended Project List (RPL).
*5. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region to establish a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for boron, chloride, sulfate, and total dissolved solids (TDS) (these constituents are commonly referred to as salts) in the Calleguas Creek Watershed. (Written comments were due by 12 p.m. on May 8, 2008.)
*6. Consideration of a Proposed Order approving the City of Riverside’s wastewater change petition following a hearing concerning water rights on the Santa Ana River. (Errata Sheet - 5/16/08)
DIVISON OF WATER QUALITY
7. Consideration of a Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Francisco Bay Region (Basin Plan) to establish a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) for sediment and related habitat enhancement goals in Napa River Watershed. (Written comments were due by 12 p.m. on May 8, 2008.) PULLED
DIVISION OF WATER RIGHTS
8. Consideration of a Proposed Order regarding petitions for reconsideration of State Water Board Order WR 2008-0014 related to the Lower Yuba River Accord. (Written comments are due by 12 p.m. on May 16, 2008.)
9. Status Report on Climate Change Activities.
10. Update on Bay-Delta Strategic Workplan.
11. Executive Director’s Report.
CLOSED SESSION ITEM
Closed Sessions are not open to the public
The Board will meet in closed session to discuss ongoing litigation in Goodrich Corp. v. California State Water Resources Control Bd., et al. (Los Angeles Superior Court No. BS110389). (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2)(A).)
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order on petitions for reconsideration of water right order 2008-0014 related to the Lower Yuba River Accord. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (c)(3).)
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on the City of Riverside’s Wastewater Change Petition WW-0045 and water right Application 031372 on the Santa Ana River in Riverside County. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (c)(3).)
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., May 14, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., May 16, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “5/20/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341 5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Office of Employee Assistance, at (916) 341-5881.