|STATE WATER BOARD
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 10:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
DECLARATION OF A QUORUM
Tam M. Doduc, Chair; Gary Wolff, P.E., Ph.D, Vice Chair; Arthur G. Baggett, Jr., Member;
Charlie Hoppin, Member; Frances Spivy-Weber, Member
Public comments on agenda items will be limited to 3 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Board Chair
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the State Water Board’s jurisdiction provided the matter is not on the agenda, or pending before the State Water Resources Control Board or any California Regional Water Quality Control Board.
1. The Board will consider adoption of the October 7, 2008, Board Meeting minutes.
2. Board Member Report
UNCONTESTED ITEM (Item 3*)
*3. Consideration of a proposed Resolution authorizing acceptance of a federal grant to continue contaminant source investigation activities in the San Gabriel Valley.)
DIVISION OF WATER QUALITY
4. Consideration of a proposed Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region to subdivide Reach 4 of the Santa Clara River as two separate reaches. (Written comments are due by 12:00 noon on October 10, 2008.)
5. Consideration of a proposed Resolution approving an amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the San Diego Region to incorporate revised conditional waivers of waste discharge requirements for specific types of discharge. (Written comments were due by 12:00 noon on September 22, 2008.)
6. Executive Director's Report
To be held in Conference Room 230
7. Consideration of State Water Board priorities and member assignments for the upcoming year. (No Action will be taken on this Item)
Closed Sessions are not open to the public
- The Board will meet in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order following a hearing on proposed revocation of the United States Bureau of Reclamation’s permits to divert water for the Auburn Dam Project from the North Fork American River and Knickerbocker Creek in Placer and El Dorado Counties. This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subdivision (c)(3)
Unless otherwise specified, submittal of written comments must be received by 12:00 p.m., October 16, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittal of electronic Powerpoint presentations must be received by 12:00 p.m., October 17, 2008, and will not be accepted after that time.
Submittals are to be sent via e-mail to the Clerk to the Board at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “10/21/08 BOARD MEETING (fill in bolded subject from appropriate item).” If you have questions about the agenda, contact the Clerk to the Board at (916) 341 5600.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/calendar/index.shtml.
* Items on the uncontested items calendar may be removed at the request of any Board member or person. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the Board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Video broadcast of meetings will be available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/.
For a map to our building, visit: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm. For security purposes, all visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to entering the building. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process. Individuals who require special accommodations are requested to contact the Office of Employee Assistance, at (916) 341-5881.