Thursday, January 30, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
1. Roll Call [Michael Thomas, Assistant Executive Officer]
2. Introductions, Staff Recognition, and Awards [Kenneth A. Harris Jr.]
3. Election of Chair and Vice Chair [Kenneth A. Harris Jr.]
[Steven Moore 916/341-5624]
7. Public Forum
Any person may address the Board regarding a matter within the Board's jurisdiction that is not related to an item on this meeting agenda. Comments will generally be limited to three minutes, unless otherwise directed by the Chair. Any person wishing to make a longer presentation should contact the Executive Officer at least one week prior to the meeting. Comments regarding matters that are scheduled for a future meeting will be restricted.
Items on the uncontested items calendar are expected to be routine and noncontroversial. Recommended action will be taken without discussion. Items may be removed at the request of any board member or person, and if removed, will be taken up during the meeting at a time specified by the Chair. If an item is removed from the uncontested items calendar, it will only be voted on at this meeting if the board accepts the staff recommendation for the agenda item. Otherwise, the item will be continued to a subsequent board meeting to allow input by interested persons.
Rescind Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R3-2003-0041
[Katie DiSimone, 805/542-4638, Katie.Disimone@waterboards.ca.gov]
Rescind Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R3-2005-0043
[Peter von Langen, 805/549-3688, Peter.VonLangen@waterboards.ca.gov]
Casmalia, Santa Barbara County
Rescind Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. R3-2004-0124
NPDES Permit No. CA0049972
[Dan Niles, 805/549-3355, Dan.Niles@waterboards.ca.gov]
Delegate Authority to Executive Officer to Approve
Expedited Payment Letter No. R3-2014-0005
[Harvey Packard, 805/542-4639, firstname.lastname@example.org ]
12. Total Maximum Daily Loads for Toxicity and Pesticides in the Santa Maria River Watershed Consideration of Proposed Basin Plan Amendment, Resolution No. R3-2014-0009
[Peter Meertens, 805/549-3869, Peter.Meertens@waterboards.ca.gov]
This item will not be heard before 11:00 a.m.
[Angela Schroeter, 805/542-4644, Angela.Schroeter@waterboards.ca.gov]
[Harvey Packard, 805/542-4639, Harvey.Packard@waterboards.ca.gov]
[Ken Harris, 805/549-3140, Ken.Harris@waterboards.ca.gov]
Note: This item will be covered as time allows
[Kenneth A. Harris Jr. 805/549-3140 Ken.Harris@waterboards.ca.gov ]
The Board will meet in closed session to discuss pending litigation, as authorized by Government Code (GC) Section 11126[e][A], in the cases of:
1. Monterey Coastkeeper, et al. v. California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Coast Region (Monterey County Superior Court Case No. M111983)(Extension of 2004 Ag Order)
2. Petition of Monterey Coastkeeper, Santa Barbara Channelkeeper and San Luis Obispo Coastkeeper (Resolution No. R3-2011-0208, Executive Officer Extension of the 2004 Agricultural Order No. R3-2004-0117)
3. Petition of William Elliott (Resolution No. R3-2011-0208, Executive Officer Extension of the 2004 Agricultural Order No. R3-2004-0117
4. Los Osos CSD v. Central Coast Water Board (San Luis Obispo County Case No. CV 060146 (TSO 00-131)
5. Maxine Heim v. Central Coast Water Board, San Luis Obispo County Superior Court Case No. CV 989572
6. Ken Berry, et al. v. Central Coast Water Board, et al. (Sacramento Superior Court; CEQA Challenge to Los Osos CDOs)
7. Petition of Desal Response Group (Ocean View CSD Desalination Facility, Ocean View Plaza, Monterey CA; Order No. R3-2007-0040 [NPDES Permit No. CA0050016]), SWRCB/OCC File No. A-1873
8. Petition of City of Lompoc (Santa Barbara County, Resolution No. R3-2008-0071 for City of Lompoc Storm Water Management Program), SWRCB/OCC File No. A-1965.
9. Casmalia Hazardous Waste Site Litigation: U.S. v. State of California and Related Matters.
10. Petition of Levon Investments, LLC; Rose Marie Towle (trustee); John L. DeMourkas (trustee); John Ridell (trustee); Stephanie Marie Redding (trustee); Elisa Anna Redding (trustee); and Wells Fargo Bank (trustee) for Renco Encoders, 26 Coromar Drive, Goleta (Water Code Section 13267 Order dated May 13, 2011, Revising Monitoring and Reporting Program No. R3-2005-0143), SWRCB/OCC File No. A-2168.
11. Petition of Monterey County Water Resources Agency, Water Code Section 13267 Order dated April 18, 2012, Requiring a Report of Waste Discharge, SWRCB/OCC File A-2212
12. Petition of South San Luis Obispo County Sanitation District, Administrative Civil Liability Order No. R3-2012-0041.
13. Petition of City of Watsonville (Water Code Section 13267 Order dated December 3, 2012, Requiring Submission of Information concerning the Sewer Collection System along Freedom Boulevard and Broadis Street, Watsonville), SWRCB/OCC File A-2237
The Board may discuss significant exposure to litigation as authorized by GC Section 11126[e][B]. The Board may also decide whether to initiate litigation as authorized by GC Section 11126[e][C]. The Board is not required to allow public comment on closed session items. (See GC Section 11125.7(d).
Deliberation on Decision after Hearing
The Board may meet in closed session to deliberate on a decision to be reached based upon evidence introduced in a hearing, as authorized by GC Section 11126(c) (3).
The Board may meet in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance, or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another employee unless the employee requests a public hearing. (This closed session is authorized under Government Code section 11126, subd. (a)(1).)
The next scheduled Board meeting is a combined workshop and meeting March 6-7, 2014, in Salinas.
If you have questions about the agenda, contact Cyndee Jones at (805) 549-3372.
Agenda and items will be available electronically at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/centralcoast/board_info/agendas/index.shtml
Instructions regarding board meeting conduct and procedures can be found on the Central Coast Water Board’s website: http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/centralcoast/board_info/agendas/board_meeting_conduct.pdf
\\Seadog\vol1\Mgmt\Seniors\Shared\- Board Meetings\Executive Assistant\Board Agendas\2014\Jan 2014.revised.011514.docx