Irrigated Lands Program
June 16, 2020
Notice of September 10-11 and September 23-24 board meetings for discussion on Draft Ag Order 4.0.
- Board meetings to include stakeholder presentations, staff presentations, public discussion of Draft Ag Order 4.0, and public comments received.
- Board meeting to be in San Luis Obispo - information about whether these meetings will be face-to-face and/or remote participation coming soon.
February 21, 2020 (revised June 11, 2020)
The Central Coast Water Board has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and a Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 for the regulation of waste discharge from irrigated lands throughout the central coast region.
- An electronic copy of the Draft EIR and Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 can be obtained from the Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0) website.
- Written comments are due June 22, 2020 by 11:59 PM and may be submitted via email to AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov with either “Comments on Draft EIR” or “Comments on Draft Ag Order” in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0)
- Regulatory Information and Adopted Orders
- Grower Resources
- Third Parties
- Formal Enforcement Actions
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Groundwater Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Items for Discretionary Review
- Technical Assistance Providers and Consultants
- ILP Archive
The Central Coast Water Board regulates discharges from irrigated agricultural lands to protect surface water and groundwater, using a permit called a Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements that applies to owners and operators of irrigated land used for commercial crop production. The Central Coast Water Board is focusing on priority water quality issues, such as pesticides and toxicity, nutrients, and sediments – especially nitrate impacts to drinking water sources. Staff is prioritizing efforts in the major agricultural areas of the region - the Salinas River, Santa Maria, and Pajaro River watersheds.
Subscribe to our Irrigated Lands Program email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "RB3 Central Coast" section.