Irrigated Lands Program
February 21, 2020
The Central Coast Water Board has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and a Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 for the regulation of waste discharge from irrigated lands throughout the central coast region.
- An electronic copy of the Draft EIR and Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 can be obtained from the Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0) website.
- The public review period for the Draft EIR and Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 is from February 21, 2020 until April 6, 2020. Persons interested in this proposed permit are encouraged to submit written comments electronically.
- Written comments are due April 6, 2020 by Midnight and may be submitted via email to AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov with either “Comments on Draft EIR” or “Comments on Draft Ag Order” in the subject line.
- During the public review period, Central Coast Water Board staff will hold public workshops on the Draft EIR and Draft Agricultural Order 4.0; staff will provide notice at least 10-days prior to the workshops.
Table of Contents
- Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0)
- Regulatory Information and Adopted Orders
- Grower Resources
- Third Parties
- Formal Enforcement Actions
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Groundwater Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Items for Discretionary Review
- Technical Assistance Providers and Consultants
- ILP Archive
The Central Coast Water Board regulates discharges from irrigated agricultural lands to protect surface water and groundwater, using a permit called a Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements that applies to owners and operators of irrigated land used for commercial crop production. The Central Coast Water Board is focusing on priority water quality issues, such as pesticides and toxicity, nutrients, and sediments – especially nitrate impacts to drinking water sources. Staff is prioritizing efforts in the major agricultural areas of the region - the Salinas River, Santa Maria, and Pajaro River watersheds.
Subscribe to our Agricultural Discharges email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "RB3 Central Coast" section.