Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program
Water Quality Coalition Submittals & Reviews
Kaweah Basin Water Quality Association (Kaweah Basin)
Kaweah Basin Submittals & Reviews
The Central Valley Water Board adopted Waste Discharge Requirements General Order (Order) for the Kaweah Basin Water Quality Association on 19 September 2013 (Revised on 4 December 2014). The concept of higher and lower vulnerability areas was integrated into the Order to allow the board to tailor requirements to applicable waste discharge conditions. To determine what areas are vulnerable to surface water or groundwater impacts due to irrigated agriculture, the third-party representing growers is required to prepare assessment reports.
Surface Water - Kaweah Basin
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring Plans and Reviews
- Surface Water Sediment Discharge and Erosion Assessment Reports (SDEAR) and Reviews
The goal of the report is to determine which irrigated agricultural areas are subject to erosion and may discharge sediment that may degrade surface waters. The objective of the report is to determine which Member operations are within such areas, and need to develop a Sediment and Erosion Control Plan.
Ground Water - Kaweah Basin
- Groundwater Quality Assessment Reports
The Groundwater Quality Assessment Report identifies the high vulnerability groundwater areas where a Groundwater Quality Management Plan must be developed and implemented, and where Members must prepare and submit Nitrogen Management Plan Summary Reports to the Coalition.
- Comprehensive Groundwater Quality Management Plans
A Groundwater Quality Management Plan (GQMP) must be developed by the third-party for all high-vulnerability areas identified in the Groundwater Quality Assessment Report (GAR). In lieu of developing of separate GQMPs, the Order allows for the submittal of a comprehensive GQMP along with the GAR.
- Revised Comprehensive Groundwater Quality Management Plan (16 September 2016)
- Comprehensive Groundwater Quality Management Plan (7 February 2015)
- Comments Received:
- Groundwater Quality Trend Monitoring Workplan (GQTMP)
The overall objectives of groundwater trend monitoring are to determine current water quality conditions of groundwater relevant to irrigated agriculture and develop long-term groundwater quality information that can be used to evaluate the regional effects of irrigated agricultural practices.
- Groundwater Quality Trend Monitoring Workplan (GQTMP) (3 February 2017)
- Revised Groundwater Quality Trend Monitoring Workplan (GQTMP) (16 May 2018)
- Groundwater Quality Trend Monitoring Wrokplan Addendum (31 July 2018)