Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Methylmercury TMDL - Other Technical Reports
Other Technical Reports
- Methylmercury Cycling, Bioaccumulation, and Export from Rice Fields and Wetlands in the Yolo Bypass
This study evaluated methylmercury in water, fish, and aquatic invertebrates in seasonal and permanent wetlands and in flooded rice fields. The research was conducted by the US Geological Survey and Department of Fish and Game Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and funded by Propositions 40 and 50.
- Assessment of Methylmercury Contributions from Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Farmed Islands
This study was conducted by researchers at the Moss Landing Marine Laboratories and HydroFocus and funded by the Central Valley Water Board. The purpose of the study was to answer the following key questions: 1) Are Delta farmed islands net producers or sinks of methylmercury? and, 2) If farmed islands are producers, what are the methylmercury loads contributed to Delta channels?
- Characterizing High Mercury Exposure Rates of Delta Subsistence Fishers
Using fish consumption information collected from anglers and community groups in the Delta in 2005-2008, a UC Davis researcher estimated intake of methylmercury from eating Delta fish for various consumer and ethnic groups.
- A Review of Methylmercury and Total Mercury Discharges from NPDES Facilities in California's Central Valley - Final Staff Report
This final staff report summarizes influent and effluent methylmercury and total mercury data from NPDES facilities in the Central Valley.
- Regional Mercury Load Reduction Evaluation Report (August 2008)
Tetra Tech EM Inc. has prepared a report that evaluates potential total mercury load reduction projects in the Central Valley.