EDT - Submitting Laboratory Results for Drinking Water Analyses
In 2001 Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations Sections 64469 and 64819 established requirements and the format for reporting laboratory results of public water systems' water quality analyses. All certified drinking water analytical laboratories—including those that are subcontractors of other laboratories—are required to submit water quality data directly to the Division of Drinking Water (DDW) in digital, electronic form. This submittal is referred to as Electronic Data Transfer (EDT).
The EDT library and download page provides Write-On for Windows, the Water Systems and Sources Library, and other materials for EDT. It's updated often, so visit it regularly to keep your materials needed for EDT submittals up to date.
Results of bacteriological analyses are not required to be submitted by EDT at this time.
Links for EDT
- Lab-To-State Portal
- Electronically Submit Lead and Copper Analyses
- EDT Data Submittals - Frequently Asked Questions
- Library and Download Page
- Additional Information for Laboratories
- Chemical IDs and Detection Limits for Purposes of Reporting (DLRs) (Excel)
- Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Guidelines (PDF)
- Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (ELAP)