Water Partnership and Consolidation Events
Water Partnership Events
The 2021-2022 SAFER Water Partnership Trainings are a series of FREE regionally-focused workshops hosted by the State Water Board’s Division of Drinking Water. These workshops provide the information and tools to inform and empower decision makers to pursue a more sustainable and resilient regional water system landscape for their communities.
2021-2022 SAFER Water Partnership Workshops
|El Dorado County||11/16/2021|
|Stockton (San Joaquin)||12/08/2021|
|West County (Sonoma)||TBD|
|West Bakersfield (Kern)||07/22/2021||Closed|
|Lancaster (Los Angeles)||08/19/2021||Closed|
|Southeast (Los Angeles)||09/30/2021||Closed|
|San Luis Obispo County||11/04/2021||Register|
|Lake Isabella (Kern)||12/08/2021|
2022 Dates will be released for the following regions: Santa Rosa, Contra Costa, Napa, Sacramento, Riverside, San Bernadino, Tulare, San Diego, Madera, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles
- May 20 & 27 2021 at 9 am - 3 pm: 2021 Virtual Funding Fair (California Financing Coordinating Committee)
- May 13, 2021: State Regionalization Policy Recommendations (Rural Community Assistance Program RCAP)
Free Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCA) training classes, each workshop qualifies for two operator contact hours.
- February 9, 2021 at 2-4 pm: Capacity Building through Partnership (RCAC)
Needs Assessment Results
SAFER completed the 2021 Drinking Water Needs Assessment reports. The Needs Analysis unit will continue to host public workshops and receive public comments, please visit the Needs Assessment page for the newest results and information on past workshops.
- July 1, 2021: Deadline to submit public feedback to the Needs Assessment Results.
Resources from Previous Years
Water Partnership Resource Updates
USEPA Updates of its Water Partnership Website
SWRCB and CPUC Joint Workshop Resources
On November 13, 2017, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) met with the State Board for a Joint Workshop: Providing Safe Drinking Water Through Consolidation of Water Systems and SB 623. Provided below is a link to the video and the presentations from the workshop.
- Event Public Notice and Agenda
- Joint CPUC and State Board Workshop Video - found under the “2017 – Other” tab on the California State Personnel Board Streaming Media website
- SWRCB Division of Drinking Water Presentation
- CPUC Presentation
- Community Water Center SB: 623 Presentation - Estimated Costs for Addressing Contaminated Drinking Water (pdf)
- Self-Help Enterprises Presentation
- Lake County Special Districts and Cobb Area WD Presentation
- California Water Service Presentation
SWRCB and CPUC Joint Workshop
On August 17th, 2017, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) met with the State Board for a Joint Workshop: Providing Safe Drinking Water through Consolidation of Water Systems. Provided below is a link to the video and five presentations from the workshop.
- Event Public Notice (pdf)
- Joint CPUC and State Board Workshop Video
- SWRCB Drinking Water and Financial Assistance Presentation (pdf)
- CPUC Water IOU Acquisitions Presentation (pdf)
- CPUC Office of Ratepayer Advocates Intra-Utility Consolidation Presentation (pdf)
- Eastern Municipal Water District Presentation (pdf)
- Cal American Water-Acquiring Small and Distressed Systems Presentation (pdf)