Irrigated Lands Program
January 26, 2021
The Central Coast Water Board has prepared a “Revised Draft General Waste Discharge Requirements For Discharges From Irrigated Lands” (Revised Draft Ag Order 4.0) as part of the development of a new permit, Agricultural Order 4.0, to regulate the discharge of agricultural waste from irrigated lands within the central coast region. The Revised Draft Ag Order 4.0 is available for public review and comment.
- An electronic copy of the Revised Draft Ag Order 4.0 can be obtained from the Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0) website.
- Written comments are due February 25, 2021 by 11:59 PM and may be submitted via email to AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov with “Comments on Revised Draft Ag Order 4.0” in the subject line.
La Junta de Aguas de la Costa Central ha preparado un "Borrador revisado de los requisitos generales de descarga de desechos para descargas de tierras irrigadas" (Borrador revisado de la Orden Ag 4.0) como parte del desarrollo de un nuevo permiso, la Orden Agrícola 4.0, para regular la descarga de desechos agrícolas de tierras de regadío dentro de la región de la costa central. El Borrador Revisado de la Orden Agrícola 4.0 está disponible para revisión y comentarios públicos.
- Se puede obtener una copia electrónica del Borrador Revisado de la Orden Agrícola 4.0 en el Sitio web de Renovación de la Orden Agrícola (Orden Agrícola 4.0).
- Los comentarios por escrito deben enviarse hasta el 25 de febrero de 2021 a las 11:59 p.m. y pueden enviarse por correo electrónico a AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov con “Comentarios sobre el borrador revisado de la Orden Ag 4.0” en el asunto.
December 21, 2020
Notice of January 7-8, 2021 public meeting workshop agenda for Draft Ag Order 4.0.
December 1, 2020
Notice of December 9-10, 2020 public meeting workshop agenda for Draft Ag Order 4.0.
October 16, 2020
Notice of October 22-23, 2020 public meeting workshop agenda for Draft Ag Order 4.0.
September 8, 2020
Notice of September 23 - 24, 2020 public meeting workshop agenda for Draft Ag Order 4.0.
August 25, 2020
Notice of September 10-11, 2020 public meeting workshop agenda for Draft Ag Order 4.0.
June 16, 2020
Notice of September 10-11 and September 23-24 board meetings for discussion on Draft Ag Order 4.0.
- Board meetings to include stakeholder presentations, staff presentations, public discussion of Draft Ag Order 4.0, and public comments received.
- Board meeting to be in San Luis Obispo - information about whether these meetings will be face-to-face and/or remote participation coming soon.
February 21, 2020 (revised June 11, 2020)
The Central Coast Water Board has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and a Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 for the regulation of waste discharge from irrigated lands throughout the central coast region.
- An electronic copy of the Draft EIR and Draft Agricultural Order 4.0 can be obtained from the Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0) website.
- Written comments are due June 22, 2020 by 11:59 PM and may be submitted via email to AgNOI@waterboards.ca.gov with either “Comments on Draft EIR” or “Comments on Draft Ag Order” in the subject line.
Table of Contents
- Renewal of Agricultural Order (Ag Order 4.0)
- Regulatory Information and Adopted Orders
- Grower Resources
- Third Parties
- Formal Enforcement Actions
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Groundwater Quality Monitoring Reports and Data
- Items for Discretionary Review
- Technical Assistance Providers and Consultants
- ILP Archive
The Central Coast Water Board regulates discharges from irrigated agricultural lands to protect surface water and groundwater, using a permit called a Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements that applies to owners and operators of irrigated land used for commercial crop production. The Central Coast Water Board is focusing on priority water quality issues, such as pesticides and toxicity, nutrients, and sediments – especially nitrate impacts to drinking water sources. Staff is prioritizing efforts in the major agricultural areas of the region - the Salinas River, Santa Maria, and Pajaro River watersheds.
Subscribe to our Irrigated Lands Program email list to receive notifications and the latest updates. After subscribing, you will need to check your email host for a confirmation email to complete the subscription.
Subscribe to our other email lists. See the "RB3 Central Coast" section.