Central Valley TMDL Projects
Pesticide TMDL and Basin Plan Amendment
Sediment Quality Criteria Derivation
The Central Valley Water Board has contracted with researchers from the University of California at Davis (UC Davis) to develop a methodology for deriving sediment quality criteria for pesticides. The first phase will involve a review of existing methodologies, the second phase will be the selection of an existing methodology or generation of a new methodology, in the third phase the methodology from Phase II will be applied to develop sediment quality criteria for pesticides that present a high risk to aquatic life in the Central Valley due to sediment toxicity.
Phase III - Sediment Criteria Reports
- Draft UCD Report: Sediment Quality Criteria Report for Permethrin - Phase III: Application of the Pesticide Sediment Quality Criteria Methodology
- There is a 30-day public comment period on the Draft Phase III report for permethrin. Comments are due March 25, 2014.
- Draft UCD Report: Water and Sediment Quality Criteria Report for Esfenvalerate - Phase III: Application of the Pesticide Water and Sediment Quality Criteria Methodologies
- There is a 30-day public comment period on the Draft Phase III report for esfenvalerate. Comments are due March 21, 2014.
- Response to Public Comments and Peer Reviews on the February 2014 Draft Esfenvalerate Report
- Public Comments
- Peer Reviews
Phase II Report - Methodology Development
There is a 30-day public comment period on the Phase II report. Comments are due March 7, 2014.
- Draft UCD Report: Methodology for Derivation of Pesticide Sediment Quality Criteria for the Protection of Aquatic Life - Phase II: Methodology and Derivation of Bifenthrin Interim Criteria
- Peer Reviews of Phase II Report
- Steve Bay, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project
- G. Allen Burton, Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Chris Ingersoll, Ph.D., U.S. Geological Survey
- John Knezovich, Ph.D., Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, University of California Davis
- Peter Landrum, Ph.D., Scientist Emeritus, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Lisa Nowell, Ph.D., U.S. Geological Survey
Phase I Report - Review of existing sediment methodologies
The Phase I Method Evaluation Report provides a comparison and evaluation of existing sediment quality criteria derivation methodologies from around the world. Responses to peer reviews on the draft phase 1 report are included with the final report.
- Final UCD Report: Methodology for Derivation of Pesticide Sediment Quality Criteria for the Protection of Aquatic Life - Phase I: Review of Existing Methodologies
- Peer Reviews of the Phase 1 Report