San Diego Region - Community Outreach
The San Diego Water Board is committed to informing, improving, and reshaping our relationships with the communities we serve. Our community outreach goals include making the San Diego Water Board more readily accessible to the public, significantly increasing the public's opportunities to provide input, and developing relationships that are mutually informative and beneficial.
The San Diego Water Board's Practical Vision and Community Outreach Strategy guide our community outreach goals. We are committed to improve our communication with the public using our website, social media, and public forums, working to ensure the information we share with the public is easily accessible. This webpage serves as the San Diego Water Board's hub for community outreach information and a bulletin board for upcoming community events.
USFWS Public Meeting on Contaminated Sediment Cleanup in San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge
- Dec 5, 2017 -- USFWS Public Meeting on Contaminated Sediment Cleanup in San Diego Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Environmental Justice Symposium Follow-up
At the San Diego Water Board's Meeting on October 11, 2017, the Board will consider Agenda Item 12: Tentative Resolution: Follow-up on Environmental Justice Symposium and Identification of Projects for Inclusion in the Operational Plans for 2018 and 2019 (Tentative Resolution No. R9-2017-0125). (Deborah Jayne)
- Executive Officer Summary Report
- Supporting Document 1 - Tentative Resolution No. R9-2017-0125 Updated
- Supporting Document 2 - Attachment A: Draft 2017 Environmental Justice Action Plan Updated
- Supporting Document 3 - Minutes of June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
- Presentation Given to the Board at the Meeting
- Environmental Justice Related Correspondence:
Environmental Justice Symposium
Join us Saturday June 10, 2017 for an Environmental Justice Symposium at the Cesar Chavez Campus in Barrio Logan. The San Diego Water Board works hard to protect you, our local Creeks (e.g., Chollas & Paradise), San Diego Bay, and the Ocean, and we would like to hear from YOU! This is a special opportunity for the community to voice its water quality concerns directly to the Water Board Members! We would also like to hear your ideas for possible solutions to water quality issues in your area.
- Environmental Justice Symposium Flyer (English)
- Environmental Justice Symposium Flyer (Spanish)
- Notice of Environmental Justice Symposium
- Agenda for Environmental Justice Symposium (English and Spanish)
- Map, Driving Directions, and Parking Instructions
- Community Outreach Brochure (English and Spanish)
- Press Release
- DRAFT Minutes of June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
- Attendance Sheet for June 10, 2017 Environmental Justice Symposium
Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Doors open at 9:00)
César E. Chávez Campus - Barrio Logan
1901 Main Street, San Diego 92113
For more information contact:
Deborah Jayne at (619) 521-8050
Para más información, puede contactar a:
Deborah Jayne al (619) 521-8050
Earth Day 2017
Do you like to swim, fish, hike and view wildlife? Come learn what you can do to protect these fun activities!
Join us Sunday April 23, 2017 at the Earth Day Fair in Balboa Park (Booth 254, in front of The Prado Restaurant). The fact sheets below provide information to help you learn more about water quality in the San Diego Region.
- Marine Debris
- Presence of Caffeine in San Diego Region Streams
- Assessing Contaminants in Fish & Shellfish in San Diego Bay
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- Ocean Acidification
- Lower Pollutant Concentrations Found in San Diego River Fish
- Assessing Bacteria Levels In San Diego Bay
- Assessing Ecological Health of the San Diego River Watershed
- Assessing Ecological Health of the San Mateo Watershed
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel! (Coming Soon)