Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit
Water Code Section 13383 Order to Submit Method to Comply With Statewide Trash ProvisionsThe State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) adopted statewide Trash Provisions to address the impacts trash has on the beneficial uses of surface waters. The Trash Provisions establish a statewide water quality objective for trash and a prohibition of trash discharge, or deposition where it may be discharged, to surface waters of the State. For Phase I Co-permittees that have regulatory authority over Priority Land Uses, the Trash Provisions require implementation of the prohibition through requirements incorporated into Phase I MS4 Permits and/or through monitoring and reporting orders, by June 2, 2017. Since the Trash Provisions have not yet been implemented through the Orange County MS4 Permit, the Santa Ana Regional Board is implementing the initial steps of the Trash Provisions through the below orders in accordance with Water Code section 13383, as specified in the Trash Provisions. Below are the 13383 Orders that were issued on June 2, 2017.
- City of Anaheim
- City of Brea
- City of Buena Park
- City of Costa Mesa
- City of Cypress
- City of Fountain Valley
- City of Fullerton
- City of Garden Grove
- City of Huntington Beach
- City of Irvine
- City of La Habra
- City of La Palma
- City of Laguna Hills
- City of Laguna Woods
- City of Lake Forest
- City of Los Alamitos
- City of Newport Beach
- City of Orange
- City of Placentia
- City of Santa Ana
- City of Seal Beach
- City of Stanton
- City of Tustin
- City of Villa Park
- City of Westminister
- City of Yorba Linda
- County of Orange
- Orange County Flood Control District
Enclosures for June 2, 2017 13383 Orders to Submit Method to Comply with Statewide Trash Provisions
Fourth Draft - Proposed Orange County Municipal NDPES Storm Water Permit (Draft Order No. R8-2016-0001)
- NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF FOURTH DRAFT ORANGE COUNTY MS4 PERMIT FROM FURTHER PUBLIC COMMENT
On August 24, 2016, the Santa Ana Regional Board circulated the Fourth Draft Orange County MS4 Permit for public comment with a comment deadline of September 23, 2016. The public comment period deadline was subsequently extended to November 22, 2016. By this notice, dated November 8, 2016, the Santa Ana Regional Board hereby withdraws the Fourth Draft Orange County MS4 Permit from further public comment and formally closes the public comment period. Prior to holding a public hearing to consider adoption of the Orange County MS4 permit, the Santa Ana Regional Board will circulate an updated draft of the Permit for an additional public comment period of no less than 30 days.
Report of Waste Discharge
- NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF THE REPORT OF WASTE DISCHARGE FOR THE ORANGE COUNTY MS4 PERMIT - The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board received the Report of Waste Discharge ("ROWD") for the Orange County MS4 Permit, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030, on October 4, 2013. Please be advised that this Notice is informational and does not initiate a formal public review period.
Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit (Order No. R8-2009-0030, Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062)
- DESIGNATION AGREEMENT - Pursuant to California Water Code Section 13228(a), the Executive Officers of the Santa Ana and San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Boards have agreed to designate the cities of Laguna Hills and Laguna Woods to have their storm water runoff discharges to be regulated by the San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board and to designate the City of Lake Forest to have its storm water runoff discharges to be regulated by the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board. These designations will be effective on the last date on which implementing MS4 Permits are adopted and effective for both regions.
- Orange County MS4 permit, Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 as Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062.
- NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF CHANGES TO THE MODEL WATER QUALITY MANAGEMENT (WQMP) PLAN AND TECHNICAL GUIDANCE DOCUMENT - The County of Orange, acting on behalf of the permittees under Regional Board Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 (Permit), has requested that the Executive Officer approve changes to the Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document. These documents describe the processes and procedures that the permittees will apply to certain new development and significant redevelopment projects within their jurisdictions to comply with the requirements of the Permit. The Executive Officer will act on the request not less than 30 days from the initial date of this Notice. The earliest date of action on the request will be May 30, 2013. The public is invited to comment in writing on the proposed changes during this time. Links to the proposed changes, the Permit, and the current Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document are provided above. Written comments may be submitted electronically to Mark.Smythe@waterboards.ca.gov or Adam.Fischer@waterboards.ca.gov. Comments may also be mailed to the Regional Board Office at 3737 Main Street, Suite 500, Riverside, CA 92501-3348 or sent by facsimile at (951) 781-6288.
Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document
At the March 22, 2011 Regional Board meeting, the Regional Board took public comment on the second draft of the updated Model Water Quality Management Plan (Model WQMP), Technical Guidance Document (TGD) and supporting documents that had been submitted by the County of Orange, on the behalf of the permittees under Order No. R8-2009-0030 (as amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062), as well as an Errata Sheet that had been prepared by Regional Board staff.
At the conclusion of the public comments, the Regional Board directed the Executive Officer to consider the comments that were received and to approve the Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the Errata Sheet and as further modified by the Executive Officer to address, as appropriate, any remaining concerns and any inconsistencies.
On May 19, 2011, The Executive Officer approved the March 22, 2011 Draft Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the May 17, 2011 Errata Sheet. (see below)
- Model WQMP (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Technical Guidance Document (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Approval Letter (5/19/2011)
- Response to Comments (5/19/2011)
- Non-Priority Project Water Quality Plan (NPP)
- Historical Documents
Additional postings will be announced to interested parties using the Regional Board's E-Mail Notification System (see link below on subscribing to this list and note that you must re-subscribe when changing email addresses).
- Water Quality Monitoring Plan (08/13/2005)
- Subscribe to the E-mail Notification List
- Rescinded Order No. R8-2002-0010 (01/19/2002)
- Rescinded Order No. 96-31 (03/08/1996)