San Diego Water Quality Control Board
Santa Margarita River Estuary, California Nutrients Total Maximum Daily Load Project
Peer Review Request for Reviewers and Approvals
- Request for External Technical Peer Review - January 17, 2017
- Plain English Summary of the Draft Staff Report.
- A list of the specific scientific findings and conclusions that we would like the reviewers to address.
- A list of the persons who participated in the development of the draft document.
- A list of references cited.
- Response to Request for Peer Review - February 27, 2018
- Letters to Reviewers Initiating the Review
- Supplement to Cal/EPA Peer Review Guidelines - January 7, 2009
- Documents Provided for Peer Review
- Estuary TMDL Draft Staff Report: California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Diego Region. 2018. Santa Margarita River Estuary, California. Nutrients Total Maximum Daily Load, Draft Staff Report. February 2018.
- Baseline Study: McLaughlin, K., M. Sutula, J. Cable, and P. Fong. 2013a. Eutrophication and Nutrient Cycling in Santa Margarita Estuary, Camp Pendleton, California. Technical Report 635. Southern California Coastal Water Research Project. Costa Mesa, CA.
- Nutrient Target Development: U.S. EPA. (United States Environmental protection Agency). 2001. Nutrient Criteria Technical Guidance Manual. Estuarine and Coastal Marine Waters.
- Nutrient Target Development: Sutula, M., C. Creager, and M. Wortham. 2007. Technical Approach to Develop Nutrient Numeric Endpoints for California Estuaries. Southern California Coastal Water Research Project Technical Report 516. March 2007.
- Nutrient Target Development: Sutula, M. (Ed.). 2011. Review of Indicators for Development of Nutrient Numeric Endpoints in California Estuaries. Technical Report 646. Southern California Coastal Water Research Project. Costa Mesa, CA
- Receiving Water Model Calibration Report: SPAWAR. (Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific). 2016. Technical Report 3015. Calibration of Linked Hydrodynamic Water Quality Model for the Santa Margarita Lagoon. Final Report. Pei-Fang Wang, Chuck Katz, Ripan Barua (SSC Pacific), James Martin (Mississippi State University), and Tim Wool (U.S. EPA Region 4, Water Management Division). SSC Pacific. San Diego, CA 92152-5001.
Peer Reviewers' Curriculum Vitae
William P. Ball, Ph.D. Professor
Depts. of Geography and Civil & Environmental Engineering
Whiting School of Engineering
Johns Hopkins University
313 Ames Hall, 3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Patrick L. Brezonik, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus
Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo-Engineering
College of Science & Engineering
University of Minnesota, CivE 262
500 Pillsbury Drive, S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0016
Adil Godrej, Ph.D., P.E.
Research Associate Professor
Occoquan Watershed Monitoring Laboratory
The Charles E. Via Jr. Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering
9408 Prince William Street
Manassas, VA 20110
Brian L. Howes Ph.D.
Professor, School of Marine Science and Technology
Director, Coastal Systems Program
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
New Bedford, MA 02744
- San Diego Water Board: Webpage for Santa Margarita River Estuary, California Nutrients Total Maximum Daily Load Project