STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, April 26, 2001 – See below
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
The Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Board Meeting – 9:00 a.m.
Declaration of Quorum
Presentation of Superior Accomplishment and Sustained Superior Accomplishment Awards
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider the minutes of the November 16 and December 4, 2000 and January 25, February 15, February 28, March 1 and March 7, 2001 meetings.
1-10. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-10 at one time.
11. Modification of Water Quality Order 99-08-DWQ State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) General Permit for Storm Water Discharges Associated With Construction Activity. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed modification.)
Reports by Board Members on Regional Water Quality Control Board Meetings or Other Meetings or Conferences Where Board Members Have Represented the Board. (Information Item)
Summary of Major Board Activities. (Information Item)
Board Meeting – 1:00 p.m.
12. Consideration of a Proposed Order Staying and Dismissing Phase 8 of the Bay-Delta Water Rights Hearing and Amending Revised Decision 1641. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.)
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
1. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Negotiate, Execute, and Amend, as Necessary, an Interagency Agreement with the Department of Fish and Game to Continue Operation of the Coastal Fish Contamination Program in Fiscal Years (FYs) 2001-02, 2002-03, and 2003-04. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
2. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or His Designee to Apply for and Accept Fiscal Year (FY) 2001-02 Clean Water Act Section 106 and Section 104(b)(3) Water Pollution Control Program Grants, Plus any Carry-Over FY 2000-01 Grant Funds and to Negotiate, Approve, and/or Amend the Grants and the Workplans. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Accept Augmentation of a Federal Clean Water Act Section 319(h) Grant and Authorizing Execution and Amendment of Contracts to Utilize the Funds. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
4. In the Matter of the Petition of California Department of Transportation for Review of Cease and Desist Order No. 00-87 for Crystal Cove, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Santa Ana Region. SWRCB/OCC File A-1350. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order approving, with revisions, a cease and desist order issued by the Santa Ana Regional Board for discharges by the Department of Transportation in violation of a discharge prohibition in the Ocean Plan.)
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
5. Consideration of Approval of a Grant to the City of Orange Cove for the Planning and Design of the Orange Cove Wastewater Improvement Project, Wastewater Construction Grant Program of the Safe Drinking Water, Clean Water, Watershed Protection, and Flood Protection Bond Act. (The Board will consider whether to approve the grant.)
6. Consideration of Approval of a Small Communities Grant for the McCloud Community Services District (MCSD), Sewer System Replacement/Rehabilitation Project; Project No. SCG-808. (The Board will consider whether to approve the proposed grant.)
7. Consideration of Adoption of Amended Emergency Regulations for Electronic Submission of Laboratory Analytical Data for Underground Storage Tank (UST) Reports. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the amended Emergency Regulations.)
8. Consideration of Approval of a Proposed Resolution Amending the Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund Priority List – Amendment No. 84. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
9. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or His Designee to Negotiate, Execute and Amend a Contract for Water Rights Environmental Services. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
10. Consideration of Authorization for the Executive Director to Apply for and Accept Federal Funds, Not to Exceed $100,000 Per Year on an Annual Basis for the Next 10 Years, and to Negotiate Future Grant Amendments Within This Authority From the US EPA to Support the Implementation of the Morro Bay National Estuary Program’s Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public.)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to confer with and receive advice from its legal counsel regarding pending litigation in State Water Resources Control Board Cases, Sacramento County Superior Court No. JC 4118. (This closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, Subdivision (e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss the appointment, evaluation of performance or dismissal of a public employee or to hear complaints or charges brought against that employee by another person or employee unless the employee requests a public hearing. Authorized under Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written
comments on Items 1-11 must be received by 5:00 p.m., April 23, 2001/Item 12,
4:00 p.m., April 20. Mailing
address: PO Box 100, Sacramento,
CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email email@example.com.