STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, August 15, 2002 – 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Questions regarding this agenda - call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed. The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
Declaration of Quorum
Presentation of Customer Service Team Award
Public Forum. (Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda, or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.) Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider the minutes of the July 2 and 18, 2002 Board meeting.
1-3. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-3 at one time.
4. In the Matter of the Petition of the City of San Diego for Review of Waste Discharge Requirements, Order No. R9‑2002‑0025 (Point Loma Wastewater Treatment Plan), Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Diego Region. SWRCB/OCC File A‑1477. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order amending the Waste Discharge Requirements.)
5. Consideration of a Proposed Order Denying Reconsideration and Upholding Orders Rejecting and Canceling of Applications A29269 and A29271 held by Arthur J. Stegall, Jr., et al. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order upholding the action of the Chief, Division of Water Rights.)
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
1. Consideration of a Proposed Resolution Approving a Water Recycling Facilities Planning Grant for the Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Agency, Subregional Reclamation Facility Planning and Engineering Study; Water Recycling Construction Program No. 3601-010. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
2. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Request for Funding From the Water Quality Control Fund Cleanup and Abatement Account in the Amount of $20,247,000 for Various Projects Throughout the State. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
3. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Issuance of a Contract with the Lake Elsinore and San Jacinto Watershed Authority to Provide Funding for Activities Authorized under the Costa-Machado Water Act of 2000. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
LITIGATION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss ongoing litigation in the case of Communities for a Better Environment et al. v. State Water Resources Control Board et al.(San Francisco County Superior Court, No. 319575).
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code Section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a proposed decision in the matter of Applications 30038, 30083, 30165, 30175, 30178, 30260, 30355 and 30374 regarding the determination of the legal classification of groundwater in the Pauma and Pala Basins of the San Luis Rey River in San Diego County.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on testimony and evidence presented during the hearing on the joint petition of Imperial Irrigation District and San Diego County Water Authority for approval of a long-term transfer of conserved water (Application 7482).
*In order to be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., August 12, 2002. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620
who require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at
(916) 341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California Relay
service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email email@example.com.