STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD WORKSHOP AGENDA
NOTE: See Item 7 -- Removed
Wednesday, September 4, 2002 – 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal-EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
Questions regarding this agenda call Maureen Marché (916) 341-5600 or fax (916) 341-5620.
Workshop includes informal discussion of items to be presented for action at a future business meeting. People who are interested in items on the agenda are urged to attend workshops as they may miss valuable discussion that will not be repeated at the Board meeting. NOTE: there is no voting at workshops.Items requiring Board action must come to a Board meeting.
For a map to our building, please see our website at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/EPABldg/location.htm
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
Oral Testimony: The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml
Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure
that all comments will be included in the
record before the Board.*
Audio broadcast of this meeting is available at: http://www.calepa.ca.gov/Broadcast/
ITEMS 1-8 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING AT 9:00 A.M., WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2002
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board’s jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board’s agenda or pending before the Board or a Regional Board.Note:Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
CLEAN WATER PROGRAMS
**1. Consideration of a Resolution Approving Amendments to the Policy for Implementing the State Revolving Fund for Construction of Wastewater Treatment Facilities. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**2. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Clean Beaches Initiative Grant for the City of Malibu for the Malibu Storm Drains Project. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**3. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Clean Beaches Initiative Grant for the City of Pacifica for Pacifica State Beach. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
**4. Consideration of a Resolution Approving a Request for Funding From the Water Quality Control Fund Cleanup and Abatement Account in the Amount of $425,000 for Continued Treatment of Acid Mine Drainage at Leviathan Mine. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Presentation to the Board of the Final Report of the Water Transfer Workgroup (Information Item)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region Incorporating a Dry Weather Total Maximum Daily Load for Bacteria at Santa Monica Bay Beaches. (The Board will consider, at a Board Meeting, whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
7. In the Matter of the Petition of Mehdi Mohammadian for
Review of Alameda County’s Notice of Revision to Responsible Party
Designation. (The Board
will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed order denying
the petition in part and remanding the remaining matters in the petition to the
County for consideration and action consistent with the order.)
NORTH COAST REGIONAL BOARD STATUS REPORT (Item 8 will not be heard before 10:30 a.m.)
8. Status Report From the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board on Schedule for Setting TMDLs for Five Impaired Watercourses and Other Regional Board Actions to Address Issues Raised By Humboldt Watershed Council. (Information item. The Board will receive a report from the North Coast Regional Board pursuant to the provisions of Order WQO 2002-0004, adopted on January 23, 2002.)
ITEMS 9-10 WILL BE DISCUSSED STARTING AT 1:00 P.M., WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2002
9. In the Matter of the Petition of the City of Vacaville for Review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-044, Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region. SWRCB/OCC File A-1375. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed order granting the petition in part and remanding the requirements to the Regional Board.)
10. In the Matter of the Petition of City of Turlock, Municipal Services Department, for Review of Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-122 [NPDES No. CA0078948] and Cease and Desist Order No. 5-01-123 Issued by the California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region. (The Board will consider, at a Board meeting, whether to adopt the proposed order remanding Order No. 5-01-122 and Cease and Desist Order 5-01-123 to the Regional Board).
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
LITIGATION (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(e)(1).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to discuss ongoing litigation in the case of Communities for a Better Environment et al. v. State Water Resources Control Board et al. San Francisco County Superior Court, No. 319575.
WATER QUALITY PETITION (This is authorized by Government Code section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a decision to be reached following a formal hearing it conducted in the Matter of the Petition of the City of Vacaville (Waste Discharge Requirements Order No. 5-01-044 for Easterly Wastewater Treatment Plant [NPDES No. CA 0077691], Central Valley Region). SWRCB File A-1375.
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order prepared after a hearing on petitions for change and extension of time filed by Oroville-Wyandotte Irrigation District and Yuba County Water District on Permits 1267, 1268, 1271, 2492, 11516 and 11518 (Applications 1651, 2142, 2979, 2778, 13957 and 14113). The permits authorize diversion from Lost Creek, Sly Creek, South Fork Feather River and Slate Creek in Butte and Yuba Counties.
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on testimony and evidence presented during the hearing on the joint petition of Imperial Irrigation District and San Diego County Water Authority for approval of a long-term transfer of conserved water (Application 7482).
*In order to be fully considered at the meeting, written comments must be received by 5:00 p.m., August 30, 2002. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX 916-341-5620
**These items are expected to be routine and noncontroversial and there will be no discussion unless requested by a Board Member, staff or interested party. If such a request is made, the item will be considered separately.
Note: Individuals who
require special accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at (916)
341-5880 at least 5 working days prior to the meeting date. TTY users may contact the California
Relay service at 1-800-735-2929 or voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.