STATE WATER RESOURCES CONTROL BOARD
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Wednesday, June 18, 2003, 9:00 a.m.
Coastal Hearing Room – Second Floor
Joe Serna Jr./Cal/EPA Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento
If you have questions regarding this agenda please call Debbie Irvin at (916) 341-5600 or fax 341-5620. This notice and associated staff reports can be accessed electronically through our Internet address: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov. Agenda items should be available electronically on June 10, 2003.
The energy challenge facing California is real. Every Californian needs to take immediate action to reduce energy consumption. For a list of simple ways you can reduce demand and cut your energy costs, see our web site at http://www.waterboards.ca.gov.
Please note time limitations on presentations may be imposed.
The State Board requests that oral testimony be summarized. See Presentation Information at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/board_info/index.shtml
Submittal of written
comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included
in the record before the Board.*
All visitors are required to sign in and receive a badge prior to attending any meeting. The Visitor and Environmental Services Center is located just inside and to the left of the Cal/EPA Building's public entrance. Valid picture identification may be required due to the security level so please allow up to 15 minutes for this process.
Any member of the public may address and ask questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Board's jurisdiction, provided the matter is not on the Board's agenda or pending before the Board or a Regional Board. Note: Presentations at the Public Forum will be limited to 5 minutes or otherwise at the discretion of the Chairman.
The Board will consider adoption of the April 30 and May 6, 2003 Board Meeting minutes.
1-8. The Board will be asked to approve items 1-8 at one time.
9. Consideration of Adoption of a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System General Permit for Storm Water Discharges From Small Linear Underground/Overhead Projects. (The State Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed general permit.) (As previously noticed, the deadline for comments was 5:00 p.m., May 21, 2003). To view the proposed general permit or other associated reports, please visit the website at http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/stormwater/index.shtml.
Uncontested items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Board at one time without discussion. If any Board Member, staff, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Uncontested Items Calendar, it will be taken up in the regular agenda order.
1. Consideration of a Proposed Order Approving Petitions for Reconsideration of Division Chief’s Order Pursuant to Condition 10 of Decision 1632 Regarding Existing Groundwater Users in the Carmel Valley. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed order.)
2. Consideration of a Resolution
Adopting the State Fiscal Year 2003/04 State Revolving Fund Loan Program Priority
List. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
[As previously noticed, comments were accepted until 5:00 p.m., June
2, 2003.] To view priority list, please go to http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/grants_loans/srf/srf_plist.shtml
4. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director, or Designee, to Sign a Cooperative Agreement With the Department of the Navy to Provide Regulatory Oversight of Site Remediation Activities at all Navy Facilities. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
5. Consideration of a Resolution Approving an Amendment to the Water Quality Control Plan for the Los Angeles Region to Incorporate Language Authorizing Compliance Schedules in NPDES Permits. (The Board will consider whether to approve the proposed amendment.)
6. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director or Designee to Apply for and Accept Fiscal Year (FY) 2003-04 Clean Water Act Section 106 Water Pollution Control Program Grant, Plus Any Carry-Over FY 2002-03 Grant Funds, and to Negotiate, Approve, and/or Amend the Grants and the Workplans. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
7. Consideration of a Resolution Authorizing the Executive Director to Execute a Grant Amendment With the Department of Energy Regarding State Oversight Activities at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory Site 300. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
8. Consideration of a Resolution to Authorize Acceptance of Grant Funds From the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to Continue the Cooperative Agreement For the San Francisco Estuary Project. (The Board will consider whether to adopt the proposed resolution.)
Closed Session Items
(Please note Closed Sessions are not open to the public)
WATER RIGHTS (This is authorized under Government Code section 11126(c)(3).)
The Board will be meeting in closed session to deliberate on a proposed order prepared after a hearing on a petition to revise the Declaration of Fully Appropriated Streams to allow processing of applications to appropriate water from the Lower American River.
The Board will be meeting in
closed session to deliberate on a proposed order prepared after a hearing to
receive additional evidence in response to a writ of mandate from the Yuba
County Superior Court that directed the Board to reconsider Water Right
Decision 1644 in light of specified additional evidence. Water Right Decision 1644 was previously
March 1, 2001, and amended by Order WR 2001-08 entered on May 17, 2001. The decision addresses fishery and water right issues on the lower Yuba River.
*In order to
be fully considered at the Board meeting, written comments on Items 1 and 3
through 8 must be received by
5:00 p.m., June 16, 2003. The deadline for submitting comments on Item 2 was June 2, 2003 and Item 9 was May 21, 2003. Mailing address: PO Box 100, Sacramento, CA 95812-0100; FAX (916) 341-5620.
Note: Individuals who require special
accommodations are requested to contact Adrian Perez at (916) 341-5880 at least
5 working days prior to the meeting date.
TTY users may contact the California Relay service at 1-800-735-2929 or
voice line at 1-800-735-2922.
Please note: Some of our older material may no longer be available in electronic form. If you need assistance obtaining a file, please contact the Clerk to the Board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.