Central Coast Agricultural Order
SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(a)-(e)
Ex Parte Disclosure Requirements
This item is subject to the ex parte communication disclosure requirements of Water Code section 13287, as explained in http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/laws_regulations/docs/exparte.pdf. Any communications between interested persons and board members (other than at a noticed board meeting or submitted as a comment letter in compliance with the public notice) must be disclosed by the interested person within seven days of the communication. Sample disclosure forms are available at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/laws_regulations/docs/swrcb_godf_fillin.pdf. Ex parte communications between interested persons and board members concerning this item will be prohibited beginning 14 days prior to any meeting scheduled for adoption of an order in this matter.
Petitions on Central Coast Agricultural Order (SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(a)-(e))
The State Water Resources Control Board received five petitions for review of the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board’s Order No. R3-2012-0011, Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements for Discharges from Irrigated Lands, and Monitoring and Reporting Program Order Nos. R3-2012-0011-01, R3-2012-0011-02, and R3-2012-0011-03.
- A-2209(a) - Monterey Coastkeeper, et al.
- A-2209(b) - CA Farm Bureau Federation, et al. Part 1 | Part 2
- A-2209(c) - Ocean Mist Farms and RC Farms
- A-2209(d) - Grower-Shipper Association of Central California, et al.
- A-2209(e) - Jensen Family Farms, Inc. and William Elliott
- Responses to Petitions:
- September 17, 2012 Complete Petition Letter
- September 25, 2012 Two Week Extension Granted Letter
The Central Coast Agricultural Order and related documents are available here.
Requests for Stay of Central Coast Agricultural Order (SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(c) and (d)):
After a August 30, 2012 hearing, the State Water Board reached a decision regarding the requests for stay of certain provisions of Order No. R3-2012-0011 - Conditional Waiver of Waste Discharge Requirements for Discharges from Irrigated Lands and Orders No. R3-2012-0011-01, R3-2012-0011-02, and R3-2012-0011-03, Monitoring and Reporting Programs (MRPs) Issued by the Central Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board, filed by Ocean Mist Farms and RC Farms; Grower-Shipper Association of Central California, Grower-Shipper Association of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties, and Western Growers – SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(c) and (d). The State Water Board stayed or extended the deadline for some provisions of the Conditional Waiver and MRPs, while not staying others. The State Water Board released a draft order memorializing its decision for limited public comment on September 10, 2012. The comment deadline on the draft order was September 14, 2012, by 12:00 noon. The final State Board order was adopted at the State Board’s September 19, 2012, public meeting.
- Final Stay Order Adopted September 19, 2012
- Fact Sheet: State Water Board Stay Decision Fact Sheet on Region Three Irrigated Agriculture Order
- Change sheet with proposed changes to the Draft Stay Order, circulated September 18, 2012
- Draft Stay Order Issued September 10, 2012
- Written Comments Received on Draft Stay Order
- Revised Notice of Public Hearing on Stay Requests
On August 30, the State Water Resources Control Board will hold a hearing to consider issuance of a stay of certain provisions of the Central Coast Agricultural Order, base on the stay requests submitted by petitioners above in SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(c) and (d).
- Evidence and Comments Received by August 27, 2012 for August 30 Stay Hearing
- Additional Responses to Requests for Stay
- Responses to Requests for Stay
This file contains the responses to the Requests for Stay that were received by the State Water Resources Control Board.
- Opportunity to Respond to Requests for Stay - Deadline to submit comments was July 6, 2012 by Noon
To receive future correspondence regarding the petitions to review the Central Coast Agricultural Order, please subscribe to the email distribution list for SWRCB/OCC Files A-2209(a)-(e) under “Legal Notices”.