Public Records Center

Requesting a Public Record

The State Water Resources Control Board maintains many public records in its files. However, it does not maintain site-specific water quality files. Those can be found at the nine Regional Water Quality Control Boards. If you are looking for such records, please contact the appropriate Regional Board directly. Each Regional Board Website indicates how you can obtain public records from them. You can gain easy access to the Regional Board Websites by clicking on the desired Region on this map.

If You Are Seeking State Board Records Pertaining To… Contact…
Drinking Water
or fill out Division of Drinking Water Public Records Act Request form
Loans or Grants Alyssa Wible
(916) 341-5844
Water Quality Issues
  • Basin Planning
  • Brownfields
  • Confined Animal Facilities
  • Forest Activities and Timber Harvest
  • Irrigated Agriculture
  • Land Disposal and Landfills
  • Non-point Source Program
  • Sanitary Sewer Overflows
  • Storm Water Permits
  • Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
  • Underground Storage Tank Regulations
  • Wastewater Permits
  • Water Recycling
State Contracting
  • Service Contracts
  • Procurement Purchases

Main Contact:
Adelina Aguilar
(916) 341-5063

Backup Contact:
Xavier Green
(916) 341-5047

Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund Fatemah Martinez
(916) 341-5867
Water Rights Matthew Jay
(916) 341-5396
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Nicholas Flores
Workshop or Board Meeting Agenda Items or Associated Reports Courtney Tyler
Clerk to the Board
(916) 341-5600
If you are seeking State Water Board records that are not related to any of the issues listed above, and are not available on the State Water Board’s Website, you may contact Phil Wyels
Assistant Chief Counsel
(916) 341-5178

Written requests can be submitted by addressing them to the person mentioned above at:

State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

NOTE: Many records are available online. Please check to see if the record may be available on our Publications or Programs webpages before making a request.