Water Boards Data and Databases
Upcoming Events & What's New:
- 5th Annual Water Data Science Symposium & Concurrent Trash Hackathon – June 29-30, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM PDT
CalEPA Headquarters Building – Byron Sher Auditorium (Science Symposium) & Klamath Room (Trash Hackathon)
- Trash Datathon – February 28, 2020
CalEPA Headquarters Building, Klamath Room
1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
The State Water Resources Control Board’s Office of Information Management and Analysis is hosting the first in a series of trash focussed Datathon or Hackathon style events in 2020. Join us for the 2020 Trash Event Series Kickoff, where participants will tackle the “meta” trash topics, and work to answer questions developed during the 2019 Trash Data Dive. For more information and to RSVP: http://bit.ly/TrashDatathonFeb28
- PFAs in California: Past, Present and Future (December 2019)
- 2nd Annual Trash Data Dive (November 2019)
- 2019 Water Quality Status Report (June 2019)
- 4th Annual California Water Boards Water Data Science Symposium - July 1 - 2, 2019
- 2019 Citizen Science Day Celebrating Emergent Innovation - April 16, 2019
- Inaugural Trash Data Dive (November 2018)
- California Safe Drinking Water Data Challenge (October 2018)
- 2018 Pre-Holiday Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Assessment (September 2018)
- 2018 Water Quality Status Report (June 2018)
- 3rd Annual California Water Boards Water Data Science Symposium (June 20-21, 2018)
- 2018 Water Board Data Fair (March 30, 2018)
- 2nd Annual California Water Boards Water Data Science Symposium (June 29 June 30, 2017)
- 2017 Water Quality Status Report (June 2017)
- White House California Water Data Challenge (October 28 - December 5, 2016)
- 2016 California Water Boards Water Data Science Symposium (June 29, 2016)
- 2016 California Water Board Data Innovation Challenge (March 18 - April 22, 2016)
- 2016 California Water Board Data Fair (March 18, 2016)
The Water Board’s Open Data Resolution
On July 10, 2018, the State Water Board adopted Resolution 2018-0032 to increase focus on data management and data accessibility at the Water Board.
Users can also search the site map, which catalogues the datasets referenced in all of the categories above on a single page.
In addition, a subset of the datasets maintained by the Water Boards can be found on the State of California's Open Data Portal under the 'Water' category. That platform provides web services that enhance data accessibility, and we plan to continue adding datasets to that platform in the future. Note that the datasets found on that site mirror some of the datasets provided through this Water Boards portal.
For questions regarding a specific database or dataset, please use the contact information provided for that program or database. For general questions regarding this data portal, or if you cannot locate the contact information for a specific database, please contact the Water Boards' Office of Information Management and Analysis (OIMA) at OIMA-Helpdesk@waterboards.ca.gov.