- State & Regional Water Boards
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
Water Quality Control Plan for the Central Coastal Basin (Basin Plan)
The Water Quality Control Plan for the Central Coastal Basin (Basin Plan) is the Board's master water quality control planning document. It designates beneficial uses and water quality objectives for waters of the State, including surface waters and groundwater. It also includes programs of implementation to achieve water quality objectives.
The current Basin Plan consists of the 2016 Basin Plan edition and all amendments fully-approved after October 2014 as listed below:
- Basin Plan 2016
- Basin Plan 2016 (without Appendix)
- Basin Plan 2016 (strikeout/underline showing changes since 2011)
- Resolution No. R3-2015-0004. Total maximum daily loads for nutrients in the Pajaro River basin. July 30, 2015.
Adopted Amendments Pending Further Approval
Basin Plan amendments do not become effective until sequentially adopted by the Regional Water Board, and approved by the State Water Board and the California Office of Administrative Law. Amendments containing new or revised water quality standards also require the approval of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Basin Plan Amendments Approved by the Central Coast Regional Water Board:
- Resolution No. R3-2016-0030. Amendment to revise Beneficial Use Designations and to make Editorial Changes. July 28, 2016. (see below).
Amendments Under Development
- Amendment to Revise Turbidity Water Quality Objective Units.
- Amending the Water Quality Control Plan for the Central Coastal Basin to Revise Beneficial Use Designations and to Make Editorial Changes.
- Office of Administrative Law (OAL) Action
- State Water Board Action
- July 28, 2016 - Central Coast Water Board approves Basin Plan amendment
- Staff Report
- Attachment 1 Resolution No. R3-2016-0030
- Attachment 1a Basin Plan showing all proposed amendments
- Attachment 2 Project Report including the CEQA Checklist
- Attachment 3 Notice of CEQA Scoping Meeting April 5, 2016
- Attachment 4 Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity to Comment April 26, 2016
- Attachment 5 Comment Letters
- July 13, 2016 - Link to Board Meeting Agenda Item #9
- April 26, 2016 - Notice of Public Hearing and Opportunity to Comment. Public Hearing scheduled for July 28-29, 2016.
- April 18, 2016 - Scoping Meeting
The California Water Code and the Clean Water Act and require Basin Plans to be reviewed and updated periodically (at a minimum every three years).
Go to the Central Coast Basin Plan Triennial Review Process page.
Previous Editions of the Basin Plan
Information Tools and Links
- Basin Plan Information Tools
Glossary | Acronyms
- Basin Planning Links
California Plans and Policies for water quality control | California Code of Regulations (CCR) | California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) guidelines | Water Board regulations for implementation of CEQA (CCR, Title 23, sections 3775 - 3781) | California Water Code | Office of Administrative Law | Porter-Cologne | Water Quality Protection Program for Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary | Central Coast Regional TMDL Projects | Federal Clean Water Act (CWA) | Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 40 Protection of Environment