- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
Office of Public Participation - Tribal Affairs
The Director of the Office of Public Participation serves as the State Tribal Liaison. The office maintains tribal relations for the state in coordination with USEPA, CalEPA, Governor's Office of Tribal Liaisons, and other state agencies.
The information provided on this site can assist you in developing and administering your own water quality programs that help protect health, and quality of life.
Join the “Tribal Matters” email subscription list to receive periodic information by email regarding Water Board/Tribal Activities.
Water Board Tribal Resources
- Opportunities for Tribal Governments - Citizen's Guide Excerpt
- (Water Board) Grants and Loans
- Funding for Californian Indian Tribes Brochure
- Tribal Policy - Provided by CalEPA
- Adopted Beneficial Uses Resolution 2016-0011
- Proposed Beneficial Uses: Tribal Traditional and Cultural, Tribal Subsistence Fishing, and Subsistence Fishing
- Beneficial Use Fact Sheet
- Beneficial Uses Initial Request Letter
- Oct. 2013 Letter to Tribal Ad Hoc Beneficial Use Group from Felicia Marcus
- Timeline for Beneficial Use Definition Development
Governor's Tribal Resources
- Governor's Executive Order B-10-11
- Governor's Office of the Tribal Advisor
- Tribal Cultural Resources and CEQA - Provided by OPR
- AB 52 / CEQA Consultation Notice and Timing Flow Chart - Provided by OPR
US EPA Tribal Resources
Other Tribal Resources
- California Native American Heritage Commission
- Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
- National Tribal Environmental Council
- California State Parks Office of Historic Preservation, Tribal Historic Preservation Programs
- Links to Tribal Training
- List of Tribes by County
- State Agency Resources
While this page is currently under development, we invite you to check periodically for updated information.
If you have questions or comments related to the Office of Public Participation Tribal Affairs Program, send an email to: Tribal-Resources@waterboards.ca.gov.