Current Enforcement Actions
Expedited Payment Program - The Central Coast Water Board Enforcement Unit has issued a conditional offer to participate in the Central Coast Water Board’s Expedited Payment Program for the following bulleted parties to settle violations subject to mandatory minimum penalties pursuant to California Water Code sections 13385(h) and (i). The listed recipients have agreed to pay the penalties proposed by the Assistant Executive Officer, pending public comment and subject to approval by the Central Coast Water Board or its Executive Officer.
- None at this time.
City of Grover Beach - On June 26, 2013, the Central Coast Water Board Assistant Executive Officer issued Administrative Civil Liability Complaint No. R3-2013-0039, alleging the City's violation of municipal stormwater annual reporting requirements for three years, and recommending the Water Board's imposition of civil liability for $35,000. The Complaint provides the City with several options to resolve the alleged violations, including a public hearing during the Water Board's meeting (formerly) scheduled for September 12 and 13, 2013, in Santa Barbara. The City may also waive it's right to a hearing and pay the recommended liability or seek terms of a settlement. If a public hearing is held on this matter, Water Board staff will provide additional information in the agenda for the meeting. The Water Board will provide a 30-day public comment period for any proposed resolution of the alleged violations. The purpose of this posting is to provide access to the Complaint and related public documents. [posted July 1, 2013]
UPDATE: The Parties agreed to remove the item from the September agenda to pursue settlement discussions. The Water Board subsequently cancelled the September meeting. Pending the results of the settlement discussion, Water Board staff may reschedule the Complaint for Board consideration no sooner than the scheduled meeting on December 5 and 6, 2013, or will post the proposed settlement here for 30-day public comment.
- Final Notice of Public Hearing & Procedures issued July 11, 2013
- Notice of Violation dated August 31, 2010, for City's Failure to Submit the 2009-2010 Annual Report
- Notice of Violation dated March 15, 2012, for City's Failure to Submit the 2010-2011 Annual Report
- Notice of Violation dated October 2, 2012, for City's Failure to Submit the 2011-2012 Annual Report
- Enrollment Notice dated May 18, 2009, with Resolution No. R3-2009-0035 adopted May 8, 2009
- Central Coast Water Board website for City of Grover Beach Municipal Stormwater
Greka Oil & Gas, Inc. - On May 13, 2010, the Central Coast Water Board adopted Stipulated Administrative Civil Liability Order No. R3-2010-0034 imposing a $1.2 million penalty on Greka to settle allegations that Greka violated cleanup requirements applying to petroleum-impacted waste materials stored throughout its facilities in Santa Barbara County. The Water Board issued a news release on May 19, 2010.
Greka Oil & Gas, Inc. - July 10, 2009 Resolution No. R3-2009-0054 requesting that the Attorney General seek civil enforcement against Greka for alleged waste discharges (e.g., crude oil, produced water, residuary products of petroleum) to state and federal waters
Authorized Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEP), Enhanced Compliance Actions (ECA), and Compliance Projects (CP) - Penalty Project Report
The Penalty Project Report allows the public to search for a list of enforcement actions associated with a SEP, ECA, and/or a CP, by specifying search criteria to obtain information on projects, including the monetary amount and status. Please use this glossary to obtain definitions of the program acronyms listed on the search criteria page.
Water Code sections 13225(k) and 13323(e) Report
The Regional Water Boards are posting, on a quarterly interval, information related to all enforcement activities since January 1, 2007 which are recorded in their data system. In addition, for administrative civil liability actions, they are providing information related to the initial assessment of the civil liability, the final assessment of civil liability and whether a hearing was waived. The following reports provide this information for the period beginning January 1, 2008. Subsequent reports will be generated on a quarterly basis.
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q1 2010
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q2 2010
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q3 2010
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q4 2010
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q1 2011
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q2 2011
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q3 2011
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q4 2011
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q1 2012
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q2 2012
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q3 2012
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q4 2012
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q1 2013
- Enforcement Actions Summary for Q2 2013
In addition to the summary information provided by these quarterly reports, access to enforcement information on a real-time basis is available to the public. This information can be accessed from the California Integrated Water Quality System (CIWQS) Public Reports page on the State Water Resources Control Board's Internet website: