Lake Tahoe TMDL Program
- USEPA approves the Lake Tahoe TMDL at the Environmental Summit on August 16, 2011
- Response to Public Comments submitted to the California State Water Board concerning the adoption of the Lake Tahoe TMDL now available for viewing
- Notice of Opportunity to comment to State Board concerning Lake Tahoe TMDL
- Lahontan Water Board adopts Lake Tahoe TMDL on November 16, 2010
- The Lake Tahoe TMDL Proposed Basin Plan Amendment
- The Nevada Tahoe Conservation District Outreach Video: “Best Management Practices: Defensible Space for the Homeowner” is now available for viewing
- The UC Davis “Tahoe: State of the Lake Report 2010” is now available
- Lake Tahoe Watershed Model and Lake Clarity Model
- Peer Review Comments are available for public viewing
- Sign up for email notification on announcements for the Lake Tahoe TMDL Program
Lake Tahoe Total Maximum Daily Load Report (November 2010 - minor adjustments made to October 2010 version consistent with Basin Plan Amendment adopted by Lahontan Water Board on November 16, 2010)
TMDL GIS Land-use Layer is available as a zip file for public distribution. This land-use layer was developed for Lake Tahoe TMDL modeling purposes.
Note: see either text or excel file LUCodeKey in the zip file to relate land-use grid codes to land-use names.
Lake Clarity Crediting Program
- Lake Clarity Crediting Program Handbook Version 1.0
- Lake Clarity Crediting Program Handbook - Implementer VersionZIP file for implementing agency partners that includes the Handbook, an example file structure for organizing program documents, and fillable forms. Please review the README FIRST document for details.
- September 2009 Lake Clarity Crediting Program Presentations
- March 2009 Lake Clarity Crediting Program Presentations
Pollutant Load Reduction Model
- Complete model information, including instructions on how to install and use the Pollutant Load Reduction Model, can be found on the Tahoe Integrated Information Management System Website.
Best Management Practices Maintenance Rapid Assessment Methodology (BMP RAM)
- BMP RAM Technical Document - Background information describing how the tool works and the rationale for tool development choices
- BMP RAM User Manual - Specific protocols to create a Treatment BMP Inventory, conduct field observations, and interact with the database
- Custom BMP RAM Database to manage necessary data and calculate BMP RAM Scores. Microsoft Access 2007 is required. Database users should be familiar with both the Technical Document and User Manual instructions to properly navigate the database
Roadway Rapid Assessment Methodology (Road RAM)
- Please visit the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection website for additional details. Two documents are available for download - a Technical Document describing the rationale and science behind tool development and a User Manual that defines specific Road RAM protocols.
Outreach and Education
Lake Tahoe TMDL Symposium - December 9-10, 2004