Public Notices and Documents for ReviewThe San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) requests public comments on many types of draft documents: Basin Plan amendments, adoption of TMDLs (Total Maximum Daily Loads), NPDES permits, Waste Discharge Requirements, Site Cleanup Requirements, Enforcement Orders, California Environmental Quality Act documents and more. This page contains links to public notices for projects currently in a public comment period. In addition, you will find links to pages containing support materials (fact sheets, regulation text, etc.) below the public notices.
You may also visit the Water Board Meeting Calendar for information about comment periods, public hearings and meetings.
- Board Meetings
- Basin Planning and TMDLs
- Enforcement Actions
- Proposed (Tentative) Orders for Consideration by the Board
- Site Cleanup
- Section 401 Water Quality Certification
- Storm Water
Laws and Regulations Relevant to Current Public Proceedings
- California Water Code
- California Code of Regulations
- Title 23. Waters
- Title 27. Environmental Protection
How to Participate
Basin Planning and TMDLs
- There are currently no Basin Planning Public Notices
- There are currently no Agricultural Public Notices
- For public notices and draft documents for review on NPDES related matter, please see Proposed (Tentative) Orders for Consideration by the Board.
Former Roberts Tires, 4311-4333 McArthur Boulevard, Oakland
Tentative Orders and Public Comments for properties located at 1643 and 1705 Contra Costa Boulevard, Pleasant Hill
Draft Tentative Orders are being considered for the properties located at 1643 and 1705 Contra Costa Boulevard, Pleasant Hill. The Regional Water Board will consider this item at its November 12, 2014, meeting. The public comment period is closed and staff are processing comments.
- Transmittal Letter
- Cleanup Team Staff Report
- Tentative Order - 1643 Contra Costa Boulevard
- Tentative Order - 1705 Contra Costa Boulevard
- Public Comments received between July 2 and August 4, 2014
- Public Comments received between August 5 and September 10, 2014
- Barg Coffin Lewis and Trapp
- Barg Coffin Lewis and Trapp
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Gregory Village Partners
Section 401 Water Quality Certification
Comment Period Project Name City/County 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Burlingame Annual Creek And Channel Maintenance Project Burlingame, San Mateo Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Marina Dredge Neighbors Alameda, Alameda Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Alameda Ferry Float Relocation Alameda, Alameda Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Eden Shores Commercial Retail Hayward, Alameda Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Santa Clara Westside Storm Retention Basin Desilting Project Santa Clara, Santa Clara Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Replace/Extend Leeming Culvert Monte Sereno, Santa Clara Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Heimann Pedestrian Bridge Diablo, Contra Costa Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Almaden Dam Improvement Project Santa Clara Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Sunnyvale Water Pollution Control Plant Primary Treatment Facility Project Sunnyvale, Santa Clara Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Napa River Crossing at Pioneer Park Calistoga, Napa Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Emergency Drainage and Slope Repair Hillsborough, San Mateo Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 2012 Oakland Army Base Project Oakland, Alameda Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 BP Richmond Terminal Dredge Site Richmond, Contra Costa Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Dredging in the Marina Vista Canal San Rafael, Marin Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Vallejo Swett Stockpond #5 Solano Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Greenwood Avenue Culvert Replacement Calistoga, Napa Co. 10/21/2014 - 11/11/2014 Saratoga Creek Bridge (Bridge #37C007) Sunnyvale, Santa Clara Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Ardenwood Creek (District Zone 5 Line P) Restoration And Flood Control Project Fremont, Alameda Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Drakes Estero Phase I Marin Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 1546 Milton Road -Dock Replacement/Upgrade Napa, Napa Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Roaring River Distribution System Rehabilitation Solano Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Tannery Bay Trail Benicia, Solano Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 I-280 Pipe System Repair - Post Mile 9.4-10.1 Belmont, San Mateo Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Geotechnical Site Investigation MOTCO Pier 2 Concord, Contra Costa Co. 11/06/2014 - 11/28/2014 Maintenance Dredging at the Marin Yacht Club San Rafael, Marin Co.
San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority (JPA)
The Regional Water Board and San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority will be meeting on October 31, 2014, to discuss the San Francisquito Creek Flood Reduction, Ecosystem Restoration, and Recreation Project. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss next steps in the permitting process. Because we anticipate the attendance of one or more Regional Water Board members, we are noticing this meeting to the public to avoid any ex parte communication issues. While this meeting is open to the public, it is intended to be a technical, working meeting and we are not contemplating a public comment period. Please see the attached letter for meeting details.
The San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) received a new application for Clean Water Act Section 401 water quality certification (401 Application) from the San Francisquito Creek Joint Powers Authority (JPA) on July 31, 2014, for the San Francisquito Creek Flood Reduction, Ecosystem Restoration, and Recreation Project (Project). The JPA proposes to implement the Project to improve flood protection, enhance wildlife habitat, and recreational use along 7,500 linear feet (263 acres) of the lower reach of San Francisquito Creek from Highway 101 to the mouth of San Francisco Bay. The Project as proposed includes constructing floodwalls in the upper reach, modifying or setting back existing levees, installing erosion protection at select locations, building a boardwalk extension to the Friendship Bridge to accommodate the wider channel, and planting tidal marsh vegetation. The Project will result in 8.31 acres of permanent impacts and 3.14 acres of temporary impacts, for a total of 11.44 acres of impacts to waters of the State. The Project proposes to use 7.4 acres of the adjacent Palo Alto Municipal Golf Course (Golf Course) as part of the Golf Course Reconfiguration Project to increase channel capacity. A separate 401 application for the Golf Course Reconfiguration Project has been submitted to the Water Board by the City of Palo Alto. Water Board staff posted the City’s application on July 10, 2014, and the comment period ended on July 31, 2014.
In March 2013, the JPA submitted an incomplete application for certification of the Project to the Water Board that included a design that would potentially have had significant impacts to endangered species habitat, including habitat of the California Clapper Rail. The Water Board denied that application in February 2014 after several iterations of design alternatives were unsuccessful at reducing impacts. The denial was without prejudice, and the JPA has submitted the 401 Application in response to that denial.
The Water Board will hold a public workshop on the 401 Application for the Project during its regular Board meeting on August 13, 2014. No action will be taken at the Board meeting. Please see details at: http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/sanfranciscobay/board_info/agendas/2014/August/08-13-14_Board_Meeting.pdf
Comments may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending hard copies to the Water Board, 1515 Clay St., Suite 1400, Oakland, CA, 94612-1482, to the attention of Margarete Beth. Comments on the 401 Application must be received no later than 5 PM on August 22, 2014.
- 401 Application
- Application Incomplete Letter August 29, 2014
- 401 Appendices
- Frenchi and John Perry received as of August 2, 2014
- Alexander Key received as of August 11, 2014
- Norman Beamer received as of August 11, 2014
- William Reller received as of July 31, 2014
- Eve Sutton received August 13, 2014
- Kevin Fisher received August 14, 2014
- Thomas C Rindfleisch received August 14, 2014
- Petition signed by 122 residents provided by Thomas C Rindfleisch received August 14, 2014
- Eileen McLaughlin August 13, 2014
- Jim Wiley August 13, 2014
- SFCJPA presentation to Regional Water Board August 13, 2014
- Water Board - San Francisquito Creek presentation August 13, 2014
- American Rivers and Beyond Searsville Dam received August 22, 2014
- Citizens Committee To Complete the Refuge received August 22, 2014
- Committe for Green Foothills-Citizens Committee To Complete the Refuge-American Rivers received August 22, 2014
- Committee for Green Foothills received August 22, 2014
- Eve Sutton received August 21, 2014
- Libby Lucas received August 20, 2014
- Libby Lucas received August 21, 2014
- San Francisco Baykeeper received August 21, 2014
- Stephen Schooley received August 14, 2014
A Revision for the Municipal Regional Stormwater Permit is Now Available Here.