- Email Subscriptions
- Data & Databases
- Business Help
- Public Records Center
- Grants & Loans
- Customer Service Survey
- Language Access Complaint
- File an Environmental Complaint
- Useful Links
- Website Index
San Joaquin River Dissolved Oxygen TMDL
The San Joaquin River Dissolved Oxygen TMDL was adopted by the Regional Board on 27 January 2005. It has been approved by the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) and the Office of Administrative Law. Final approval by U.S. EPA was received on 27 February 2007. The TMDL is a Basin Plan Amendment that includes a Control Program to reduce the amount of oxygen demanding substances and their precursors in the San Joaquin River. For additional information please contact Christine Joab at (916) 464-4655 or by email at email@example.com.
Subscribe on-line to our San Joaquin River Dissolved Oxygen, electronic mailing list.
- San Joaquin River Dissolved Oxygen Control Program Fact Sheet
- Downstream Control Program Studies and Associated Peer Review
The last of the Control Program studies has been completed along with an Independent Peer Review of the models developed for the TMDL. These studies, referred to as the "Downstream Studies", were mainly focused in the reach of the San Joaquin River between Mossdale and Turner Cut. Final report documents for the studies and the Associated Peer Review can be found under the heading below titled, "Implementation of TMDL Required Studies".
- Draft Staff Report
The Control Program requires an evaluation of the allocations and implementation provisions once the studies are completed. Staff has reviewed the results of the studies and has developed a draft Staff Report with recommendations for future actions to address the DO impairment. The recommendations made within the draft Staff Report take into consideration the results of the studies, Central Valley Water Board regulatory programs, other actions being undertaken, and current dissolved oxygen conditions in the San Joaquin River.
30-DAY PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: Staff is accepting public comment on the draft Staff Report. Comments should be submitted to Christine Joab at Christine.Joab@waterboards.ca.gov no later than December 15, 2014.
The draft Staff Report will be used to support a draft Resolution for Board consideration during the February 5-6, 2015 Central Valley Water Board meeting.
Public Meetings and Workshops
Implementation of TMDL
- The TMDL contains a Program of Implementation, which describes actions required by those responsible for the contributing factors of the dissolved oxygen impairment, and includes actions to be taken by the Central Valley Regional Water Board to ensure completion of these requirements.
- The TMDL Control Program required oxygen demand and precursor studies to be completed to better understand the linkage between sources and downstream impacts.
- In 1999, stakeholders formed a Steering Committee and participated in the formation of the TMDL. A Technical Working Group was formed to provide a public forum for discussing and disseminating technical information. A website was developed to store all of the technical information generated during the TMDL development.
2005 Final TMDL Report and Approvals
Development of 2005 Basin Plan Amendment
- January 2005 Hearing
- December 2004 Draft Final Basin Plan Amendment and Staff Report
- July 2004 Hearing
- May 2004 Draft Basin Plan Amendment and Staff Report
- April 2004 Workshop
- March 2004 Peer Review
- December 2003 CEQA Scoping Meeting
- June 2003 Low Dissolved Oxygen Technical TMDL Report