- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
Water Rights and Water Quality Certification Fees Programs
Effective January 1, 2004, the Water Code was amended to require the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) to adopt emergency regulations revising and establishing water right fees and water quality certification fees for hydroelectric facilities to be deposited in the Water Rights Fund in the State Treasury. The Water Code authorizes the State Water Board to periodically adjust the fees and requires the State Water Board to revise the fee schedule each fiscal year as necessary to conform to the revenue levels set forth in the annual Budget Act. (Water Code, §§ 1525, 1530 & 13160.1.)
NOTICE: The State Board of Equalization administers the issuance and collection of annual Water Rights fees. All annual fee payments should be remitted to the Board of Equalization in the envelope provided or mailed to Board of Equalization, P O Box 942879, Sacramento, CA 94279-6199.
- Preliminary Staff Ideas for Temporary Permits for Groundwater Recharge and Storage
Please submit any comments on these preliminary fee ideas by July 1, 2016, to allow consideration at the next Water Rights Fee Stakeholder Meeting (date to be determined).
Comments can be submitted to Sarah Sugar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FY15-16 Water Rights OAL Notice of Approved Emergency Regulations
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Rulemaking – Water Rights Fees for FY 2015-16 - Temporary Permit Fee
- Strikethrough Regulations – Temporary Permit Fee
- Notice of Proposed Emergency Rulemaking Water Rights Fees for Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- Filing Fees for Water Right Applications - Strike Through Regulations
- Stakeholder Information
- Fiscal Year 2015-16 Final Fee Schedule Summary
- 2015-16 Final Emergency Regulations
Approved October 28, 2015, by the Office of Administrative Law Amendments to Division 3, Chapter 5, Sections 1062, 1064, and 1066 of the California Code of Regulations (as adopted on September 16, 2015, by the State Water Resources Control Board Resolution No. 2015-0061.
- Drought and Fee Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Water Right Fee Litigation Update 2013
- Sample of a Board of Equalization (BOE) Notice of Determination
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Fees Archives