Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit
Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit (Order No. R8-2009-0030, Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062)
- Orange County MS4 permit, Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 as Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062.
- NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF CHANGES TO THE MODEL WATER QUALITY MANAGEMENT (WQMP) PLAN AND TECHNICAL GUIDANCE DOCUMENT - The County of Orange, acting on behalf of the permittees under Regional Board Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 (Permit), has requested that the Executive Officer approve changes to the Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document. These documents describe the processes and procedures that the permittees will apply to certain new development and significant redevelopment projects within their jurisdictions to comply with the requirements of the Permit. The Executive Officer will act on the request not less than 30 days from the initial date of this Notice. The earliest date of action on the request will be May 30, 2013. The public is invited to comment in writing on the proposed changes during this time. Links to the proposed changes, the Permit, and the current Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document are provided above. Written comments may be submitted electronically to Mark.Smythe@waterboards.ca.gov or Adam.Fischer@waterboards.ca.gov. Comments may also be mailed to the Regional Board Office at 3737 Main Street, Suite 500, Riverside, CA 92501-3348 or sent by facsimile at (951) 781-6288.
Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document
At the March 22, 2011 Regional Board meeting, the Regional Board took public comment on the second draft of the updated Model Water Quality Management Plan (Model WQMP), Technical Guidance Document (TGD) and supporting documents that had been submitted by the County of Orange, on the behalf of the permittees under Order No. R8-2009-0030 (as amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062), as well as an Errata Sheet that had been prepared by Regional Board staff.
At the conclusion of the public comments, the Regional Board directed the Executive Officer to consider the comments that were received and to approve the Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the Errata Sheet and as further modified by the Executive Officer to address, as appropriate, any remaining concerns and any inconsistencies.
On May 19, 2011, The Executive Officer approved the March 22, 2011 Draft Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the May 17, 2011 Errata Sheet. (see below)
- Model WQMP (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Technical Guidance Documnet (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Approval Letter (5/19/2011)
- Errata Sheet - Revised (5/17/2011)
- Response to Comments (5/19/2011)
- Draft Model WQMP (3/22/2011)
- Draft Technical Guidance Document (3/22/2011)
- Non-Priority Project Water Quality Plan (NPP)
- Historical Documents
Additional postings will be announced to interested parties using the Regional Board's E-Mail Notification System (see link below on subscribing to this list and note that you must re-subscribe when changing email addresses).
- Water Quality Monitoring Plan (08/13/2005)
- Subscribe to the E-mail Notification List
- Rescinded Order No. R8-2002-0010 (01/19/2002)
- Rescinded Order No. 96-31 (03/08/1996)
- Regional Board Staff Inspections (Last updated 4/13/2011)