Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit
Proposed Orange County Municipal NDPES Storm Water Permit (Draft Order No. R8-2014-0002)
- NOTICE OF PUBLIC WORKSHOP - Regional Board staff hosted a Public Workshop to present the Draft Orange County Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System ("MS4") Permit on Monday, May 19, 2014 at the Orange County Water District .For more information, contact Adam Fischer at email@example.com or at (951) 320-6363.
- REGIONAL BOARD WORKSHOP - The Regional Board held a workshop during its regularly-scheduled Board meeting on June 13, 2014. Regional Board staff presented the draft Orange County MS4 Permit and comments were solicited from the attendees.
- WRITTEN COMMENTS ON THE DRAFT OC MS4 PERMIT: The following are the written comments received during the comment period ending on June 20, 2014.
- Association of California Cities - Orange County (e-mail)
- Association of California Cities - Orange County (letterhead)
- Building Industry Association of Southern California, Inc.
- City of Irvine
- City of Lake Forest
- City of Orange
- City of Santa Ana
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Construction Industry Coalition on Water Quality
- CONTECH Engineered Solutions LLC
- County of Orange
- Disneyland Resort
- F.A.S.T. Fire Pro
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Orange County Coastkeeper
- Orange County Water District
- Orange County Business Council
- The Irvine Company
- US Environmental Protection Agency, Region 9
- NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF COMMENT PERIOD ON THE DRAFT ORANGE COUNTY MUNICIPAL SEPARATE STORM SEWER SYSTEM (“MS4”) PERMIT - Regional Board staff is extending the comment period on the draft Orange County MS4 Permit. Comments will now be accepted through June 20, 2014. For more information, please see the initial Notice below:
- NOTICE OF OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC COMMENT FOR THE DRAFT ORANGE COUNTY MS4 PERMIT - Regional Board staff is accepting public comments on the draft Orange County Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (“MS4”) Permit, NPDES Permit No. CAS61080. Comments will be accepted beginning on May 5, 2014 through June 4, 2014. Written comments may be submitted electronically to the attention of Adam Fischer. Documents that are less than 25MB should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents that are 25MB or more should be transmitted on CD or DVD and mailed to the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board, Attn: Adam Fischer at 3737 Main Street, Suite 500, Riverside, CA 92501. Paper submittals are discouraged but may be mailed to the address provided or sent via facsimile to (951) 781-6288. For more information, contact Adam Fischer at email@example.com or at (951) 320-6363.
- NOTICE OF RECEIPT OF THE REPORT OF WASTE DISCHARGE FOR THE ORANGE COUNTY MS4 PERMIT - The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board received the Report of Waste Discharge ("ROWD") for the Orange County MS4 Permit, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030, on October 4, 2013. Please be advised that this Notice is informational and does not initiate a formal public review period.
Orange County Municipal NPDES Storm Water Permit (Order No. R8-2009-0030, Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062)
- Orange County MS4 permit, Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 as Amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062.
- NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF CHANGES TO THE MODEL WATER QUALITY MANAGEMENT (WQMP) PLAN AND TECHNICAL GUIDANCE DOCUMENT - The County of Orange, acting on behalf of the permittees under Regional Board Order No. R8-2009-0030, NPDES Permit No. CAS618030 (Permit), has requested that the Executive Officer approve changes to the Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document. These documents describe the processes and procedures that the permittees will apply to certain new development and significant redevelopment projects within their jurisdictions to comply with the requirements of the Permit. The Executive Officer will act on the request not less than 30 days from the initial date of this Notice. The earliest date of action on the request will be May 30, 2013. The public is invited to comment in writing on the proposed changes during this time. Links to the proposed changes, the Permit, and the current Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document are provided above. Written comments may be submitted electronically to Mark.Smythe@waterboards.ca.gov or Adam.Fischer@waterboards.ca.gov. Comments may also be mailed to the Regional Board Office at 3737 Main Street, Suite 500, Riverside, CA 92501-3348 or sent by facsimile at (951) 781-6288.
Model WQMP and Technical Guidance Document
At the March 22, 2011 Regional Board meeting, the Regional Board took public comment on the second draft of the updated Model Water Quality Management Plan (Model WQMP), Technical Guidance Document (TGD) and supporting documents that had been submitted by the County of Orange, on the behalf of the permittees under Order No. R8-2009-0030 (as amended by Order No. R8-2010-0062), as well as an Errata Sheet that had been prepared by Regional Board staff.
At the conclusion of the public comments, the Regional Board directed the Executive Officer to consider the comments that were received and to approve the Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the Errata Sheet and as further modified by the Executive Officer to address, as appropriate, any remaining concerns and any inconsistencies.
On May 19, 2011, The Executive Officer approved the March 22, 2011 Draft Model WQMP, TGD and supporting documents as modified by the May 17, 2011 Errata Sheet. (see below)
- Model WQMP (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Technical Guidance Document (Based on 5/19/2011 Approval Letter)
- Approval Letter (5/19/2011)
- Errata Sheet - Revised (5/17/2011)
- Response to Comments (5/19/2011)
- Draft Model WQMP (3/22/2011)
- Draft Technical Guidance Document (3/22/2011)
- Non-Priority Project Water Quality Plan (NPP)
- Historical Documents
Additional postings will be announced to interested parties using the Regional Board's E-Mail Notification System (see link below on subscribing to this list and note that you must re-subscribe when changing email addresses).
- Water Quality Monitoring Plan (08/13/2005)
- Subscribe to the E-mail Notification List
- Rescinded Order No. R8-2002-0010 (01/19/2002)
- Rescinded Order No. 96-31 (03/08/1996)
- Regional Board Staff Inspections (Last updated 4/13/2011)