- State and Regional
Water Boards' Map
- Board Priorities
- Make a Payment
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
20x2020 Agency Team on Water Conservation
On February 28, 2008 Governor Schwarzenegger wrote to leadership of the California State Senate, outlining key elements of a comprehensive solution to problems in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. The first element on the Governor's list was “a plan to achieve a 20 percent reduction in per capita water use statewide by 2020.” In March 2008 the 20x2020 Agency Team was convened to develop a plan to achieve a 20 percent reduction in per capita urban water use statewide by 2020. The final 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan, dated February 2010, has been released.
The 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan sets forth a statewide road map to maximize the state’s urban water efficiency and conservation opportunities between 2009 and 2020, and beyond. It aims to set in motion a range of activities designed to achieve the 20 percent per capita reduction in urban water demand by 2020. These activities include improving an understanding of the variation in water use across California, promoting legislative initiatives that incentivize water agencies to promote water conservation, and creating evaluation and enforcement mechanisms to assure regional and statewide goals are met. The 20x2020 Plan discusses these many activities in detail.
The draft of this plan served as a basis for legislation that was enacted in November 2009 to incorporate into law (Senate Bill X7 7) the goal to achieve a 20 percent reduction in urban per capita water use in California by 2020. Urban water suppliers are required to establish water conservation targets for the years 2015 and 2020. One of the alternative approaches specified in the law that water suppliers can use for their local targets is based on the regional targets in the April 30, 2009 draft 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan. The regional targets in the final plan are the same as in the draft.
- Final 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan, February 2010
- Governor's February 28, 2008 Letter
- Questions and Answers
|Date||Topic||Notice/Agenda||Additional Information||Workshop Location|
|June 2, 2008||Scoping Meeting||
|Doubletree Hotel San Jose
2050 Gateway Place
San Jose, CA 95110
|Sept 15, 2008
8:30am - 1pm
|1st Workshop Baseline/targets and strategies||
Proceedings of the September 15, 2008 workshop on Baseline and Targets is available as a two-DVD set. Single copies of the set may be ordered free of charge. Please e-mail your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put "Workshop DVD in the Subject line, and be sure to include your mailing address in the email.
CALFED Delta Room
|Nov. 20, 2008
8:30am - 1pm
CALFED Delta Room
NOTE: Federal Building Security measures forbid cameras and camera/phones inside the building without prior security.
10:00am – no later than 1pm
CALFED Bay and Delta Rooms
NOTE: Federal Building Security measures forbid cameras and camera/phones inside the building without prior security approval.
Draft Documents for Public Comment
- Draft Baseline Technical Memo - Comments due September 22, 2008
- Drafts Targets Technical Memo - Comments due September 22, 2008
- Draft Current Actions Technical Memo Task 4 - Comments due by December 5, 2008 to email@example.com
- Draft Current Actions Appendix A - Comments due by December 5, 2008 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft Current Actions Appendix B - Comments due by December 5, 2008 to email@example.com
- Draft New Actions Technical Memo Task 5 - Comments due by December 5, 2008 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Draft 20x2020 Water Conservation Plan - Comments due date extended to June 5, 2009 to 2020Comments@waterboards.ca.gov
- List of Agency Team Members
- For more information, please contact:
Subscription for Future Notifications
In order to receive future notifications of water conservation actions, please subscribe to the Water Conservation email list, visiting the State Water Board's email subscription page, located at the Email List Subscription Form.
- Enter your email address. (It is important that email addresses are double-checked for any errors)
- Enter your full name
- Check the box next to “Water Conservation”
- Click on the SUBSCRIBE button (located to the right of the EMAIL ADDRESS and FULL NAME text fields)